• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

6 A Side League Forcing Payment and Potential Legal Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 A Side League Forcing Payment and Potential Legal Action

Hello,

I and my friends joined a 6 a side football league since we have joined, we have had nothing but issues in regards to our "manager" hired by the 6 A-Side League company. In that, we get told a time to come and play then it will be changed and then changed again and one time it was changed 3 times in the same day, almost every match has had our time changed.

We decided we wanted a new league as we were being messed about and told the manager we are not to play anymore as we cannot deal with the inconsistencies with times given as we have our own lives to live and it can complicate things with other commiments.

Now he demands a 4-week notice, £20 Cancelation fee, and if we fail to pay. Potential legal action however I did tick terms and conditions that do state these terms but I was wondering as the service provided was not only terrible but inadequate is there much chance of them pursuing small claims and do I have a leg to stand on?

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Hi WALDUCK

He can take action, but it might prove 'uneconomical' for him to do so. Also as you point out, there is much evidence that he has not provided the service that he was hired to. No doubt those T & C's should cover the non performance of his service by him to the team. You have witnesses, i.e. the other players.

Comment

Hi Echat11,

Thanks for your response. I have multiple text messages from the league manager changing times and also changing times multiple times in one day.
      And Witness to prove. All my teammates are equally as annoyed with the times being changed to Often having to move other commitments around because they can't stick to a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Walduck View Post
        Hi Echat11,

Thanks for your response. I have multiple text messages from the league manager changing times and also changing times multiple times in one day.
        And Witness to prove. All my teammates are equally as annoyed with the times being changed to Often having to move other commitments around because they can't stick to a time.
        Update the thread, if he does anything.
        Also it won't do his credibility any good.
        Good luck on the pitch.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X