• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dealings with JD Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealings with JD Williams

Long story short...

Poor mental health and credit rating to go with it since 19yrs old.

CCJ registered 2018 by Lowell for JD Williams account opened in 2013 £333

2018 Simply Be let me have a small account then increased my limit to £1900 despite my income being less and a CCJ added which was JD Williams debt initially also. I wasnt aware of any court proceedings due to not opening letters (mental health) but that's probably a rubbish defence.

I needed a new fridge, washing machine and dryer so you can guess the rest. The Simply Be became n way affordable for me and its been defaulted 2020 by Lowell

Fast forward to now. My mental health is so much better, I have a successful business and I am mortified at the state of my credit file. I can't believe the change in attitude and perspective I have regarding keeping my credit file clean. Ive paid every single bill bang on time since the Simply Be incident due to an increase in income and better mental health.

Ive been through multiple credit report agencies and found all my debts. Paid the CCJ outright, settled old anglian water accounts and set up payment plans for the Simply be defaulted debt amongst others.

The satisfied CCJ and default through JD williams is the only thing I need to attempt to shift.

Do I have a have a case due to the irresponsible lending of JD williams? I cant prove much about the opening of my brilliant gift shop account in 2013 as I cant see my history to see what they would've seen when opening my account. It would have been bad for sure though..

The credit increase of Simply be without checking my circumstances or my credit rating again, or even realising a CCJ had been listed against me for a previous debt against them is surely irresponsible lending isn't it?

I have requested SAR for Simply Be and The Brilliant Gift Shop. What would the next step be if I have a case?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X