• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No defaults on any report, statute barred?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No defaults on any report, statute barred?

Hi guys,

I've now access to all 3 credit report agencies using Credit Karma, Checkmyfile, Equifax/Experian I've listed addresses from the past 8 years and I see no default
    no searches from DCA. I cleared debts several years back (were not defaults), I had 2 which I didn't clear (assuming Capquest) I've not had any contact for as long as I can remember and certainly haven't written to them.

Is this a strong indicator that any defaults would now be statute barred? I ask as I've been receiving emails/texts from Capquest and drafted a proveit letter (thanks to you guys in my other thread).
    Then I had a thought, if there's nothing showing on my reports doesn't this mean I can just send a SB letter?

It is better to still send a proveit letter first?

Cheers
    Last edited by Giantsloth; 5th August 2021, 09:33:AM.
    Tags: None

When was your last payment / contact with Capquest? What are their comumications refering to?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post
      When was your last payment / contact with Capquest? What are their comumications refering to?
      Hey,

I've never contacted Capquest/nor sent payment. Their text/email stated my full name and a ref number. No mentioned of anything else other than to contact them. I made a post about this and understand they're known for 'fishing' but I don't want to get a surprise to an old address which is why I wanted to send a 'prove it' letter with my updated address but this is also to get a bit more info on what it's for.

With that maybe I can get a breakdown from the original company and go from there.

No DCA has searched my name (from all my reports) in the past few years, I do remember getting letters from Capquest but never spoke to them.

Comment

Given the information you have provided I would ignore it. They are not even using the correct bait so let them fish elsewhere.

Comment

Given the information you have provided I would ignore it. They are not even using the correct bait so let them fish elsewhere.
          Thank you,

So what is actually happening here? Why don't they send to my address instead of SMS/email? I'm unsure what they're trying to bait, is it my address so they can then send me letters?

Just don't want to worry about finding a CCJ to an old address seeing as I wouldn't have updated them.

Cheers
          Last edited by Giantsloth; 5th August 2021, 15:30:PM.

Comment

You can always put a re-direct on any mail sent to you at your old address, which is a service provided by Royal Mail. which will stop any surprises.

They are just lazy, its easy to find your new address if they wanted to and if they were to take you to court they would have to do a trace on you or the service of documents would fail.

Comment

You can always put a re-direct on any mail sent to you at your old address, which is a service provided by Royal Mail. which will stop any surprises.

They are just lazy, its easy to find your new address if they wanted to and if they were to take you to court they would have to do a trace on you or the service of documents would fail.
              This is super helpful, thank you. Researching the re-direction of mail now and also interesting about having to trace me, which is true. Something I can hopefully keep an eye on.

Thanks once again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X