• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No CCJ, then N55 attachment of earnings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CCJ, then N55 attachment of earnings

Your advice please. I have defended successfully one an application for a CCJ from a payday lender. They then reissued the exact same claim which I defended. I received what purported to be a judgement from Manchester County Court dated 24 March 2020, stating the case was heard before Deputy District Judge Swindley. The only Judge Swindley I can see reference to online retired on 13 April 2019. I have checked with Trust Online and there is no record of any judgement against me. The N55 looks in terms of the external postmark that it was issued by the County Court Money Claims Centre in Salford, however the N55 form enclosed has no court stamp. On balance I suspect that this company have been repeatedly faking documents. Is there anything I could have missed here? Should I be contacting the CCMCC to see if it is legitimate? If it turns out it is - could there be any way that a CCJ exists but is not in the records of Trust Online (I have not moved, changed names etc)? Conversely if I'm correct are the actions of the payday lender illegal? Should I be reporting them to the county court or CCMCC? Any advice gratefully received.
    Tags: None

Try suing them for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
      Try suing them for a change.
      Indeed, I'm reluctant to take on any legal action on my own but maybe this needs reporting - but to who? I think the FCA rather than the courts involved? Also procedurally could it be that you can issue a N55 via Salford and they won't bother to check that there is a judgement in place?
      Last edited by firmin; 21st July 2021, 15:46:PM. Reason: amended for clarity

Comment

Celestine ULA

You should contact the court to determine the authenticity of the N55 form, however the lack of a court stamp does not mean it is necessarily fake it could very well be genuine. If you find they are not picking up you should email them and title the email 'URGENT ENQUIRY RE: ATTCAHMENT OF EARNINGS ORDER'.

So, for now, moving forward your first step would be to determine the N55's authenticity.

Hope this helped
        I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

Once you have established whether this is a genuine claim or not, you should consider reporting them to the FCA and possibly HMCTS. pt2537 What do you think? x
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X