• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hey guys 3 and a half years ago we had some extra money on top of the mortgage to have a new open plan kitchen .we found that we had a leak in a pipe and called a local plumber. He broke through 6 inches of concrete to get down to the pipe and fitted the new pipe above ground which had to go 4 meters. I filled the hole after he has done. We ask for the invoice and we never got one and after quite a few txt and calls without reply to get the invoice so we could pay him. Que yesterday 3 and a half years later a invoice came for £700 he was there for 3 hours

what can I do as I haven't got that type of money hanging around cheers
    Tags: None

Hi Carlos09

How much did he say it would cost when he visited to do the work? It is very strange that he's waited this long to ask for any sort of payment.
    Did he complete the job? (you say you had to fill in)

This applies to the work carried out -

https://www.businesscompanion.info/e...upply-of-goods

Comment

He came on a call out which he charged 57 Plus vat then came 2 days later at 16,15 he finished the job at 18,30

he used 4 meters of plastic pipe and 2 plastic connectors
      for me it very steep price for 3 hrs work

Comment

Plumbers are renowned for charging a lot, but they'd ask for payment within 3 1/2 years. Did you keep the texts? How much do you think the cost should be?

Comment

300 max pal to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by carlos09 View Post
            300 max pal to be honest
            I would only deal with him in writing. Point out that you tried to contact him several times at the time via phone and text, he did not respond.
            He didn't state how much the work would cost or produce an invoice at the time.
            Now after 3 and 1/2 years he's contacting you for payment (which is ridiculous).
            Explain that the work was left incomplete (you had to fill the whole in).
            Make a 'Full and Final Settlement' offer of £300.

I would also give Citizen Advice Bureau a call, they will give you a reference number that you can write on the letter.
            Last edited by echat11; 30th June 2021, 15:03:PM.

Comment

OK thanks for your help. I will let you know how I get on

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X