• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Income and Expenditure Forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income and Expenditure Forms

Hello everyone! Its been a while ....

I am trying to negotiation reduced settlements for two old accounts that were defaulted years ago but are not Statute barred. Why do the companies in question demand an income and expenditure form? Perhaps the cynical in me, is it to see how much more money they can squeeze out of me or is there valid FCA or other legal reason?
    Tags: None

Hi Ruby

They demand the income and expenditure form to make sure you're paying what you can afford.

There's no FCA or legal requirement, but an understandable commercial interest in making sure if they're writing off some of your debt, that they don't write off money they could have got back! You could interpret that as 'trying to squeeze more money out of you' or as 'trying to make sure you're not trying to get out of paying a debt that you owe'.

If they're refusing to accept your I&E for any reason, you might have more luck if you put one together with a debt advisor, e.g. Stepchange or National Debtline.

Good luck!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X