• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Title Restrictions and Charging Orders when selling your home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Restrictions and Charging Orders when selling your home

I'm looking for a conveyancer who understands title restrictions and the process of selling with title restrictions and advice on this matter.

My understanding is (and I'm getting mixed advice on this) that restrictions are not final charging orders and there is no obligation to settle the beneficiary from the proceeds of sale. I can then negotiate a settlement post completion. The basis for this is the restrictions are in sole names and the property is in joint names.

Any help advice and info would be gratefully received and appreciated. Feedback from anyone who has successfully managed this process would be great.
    Tags: None

I have copied this from a .gov.uk website article which was updated on the 23/04/2021:

Jointly owned property
    It is not possible to register a charging order as an ‘equitable charge’ on a jointly owned property unless all the owners / registered proprietors are judgment debtors. Where only one of the owners / registered proprietors is the judgment debtor, the order will be registered as a ‘restriction’.
    A notice or restriction does not impose an obligation to make payment when the property is sold.

Comment

I don't think you'll find conveyancing solicitors advertising this as a speciality, You would be best researching 3 or 4 conveyancing firms and speak with each on the phone until you are happy you can select one who understands this issue and will carry out your instructions.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Yes I agree.

Comment

As someone who was able to get repayment of a legitimate debt due to a charging order on a jointly owned property, it seems unfair, if the debit is legitimate to try to "avoid" paying it. If there is an issue with the debt fair enough. Also who on earth would buy a property with restrictions? I suspect this will be a transfer between family members?

Comment

It depends on what year there was a Court hearing and if a Charge order was granted on that date.

Comment

I seem to remember that there was no need for a hearing...the CCJ had a hearing but to put on the charging order you just had to make an application? It was a long time ago so not sure of the facts.

Comment

A person can object to one but appear in court to give reasons it is up to the DJ what happens next

Comment

Ah Ok that makes sense. Presumably my person did not make an objection!

Comment

No objection then auto applied

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X