• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threats to kill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry but if you will not cooperate with Police when they are telling you which charges are likely to "stick" then there is little advice can be given. Threats to kill are taken very seriously. I have seen in court less evidence than you say you have resulting in punishment and an order banning the defendant from going anywhere near or communicating with the person threatened. Work with the Police would be my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
      I am sorry but if you will not cooperate with Police when they are telling you which charges are likely to "stick" then there is little advice can be given. Threats to kill are taken very seriously. I have seen in court less evidence than you say you have resulting in punishment and an order banning the defendant from going anywhere near or communicating with the person threatened. Work with the Police would be my advice.
      I'm not going to.

Comment

Call the police. That's the better option than to ask on forums.

Comment

Absolutely. Sentenced a threats to kill earlier this week - one phone call - 6 months in prison (there is a back story of course but that was the lower end of the possible sentences)

Comment

If you have real threats to kill then the Police are the people to take that forward, if you choose to waste their time by not cooperating with charges then more fool you.

The letter before action is not for criminal matters (the alleged death threat) if you want a civil remedy of a lesser thing such as harassment then the following law has instructions, perhaps a cease and desist letter.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/contents

Personally I think you are wasting everyone's time.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen74 View Post
              If you have real threats to kill then the Police are the people to take that forward, if you choose to waste their time by not cooperating with charges then more fool you.

The letter before action is not for criminal matters (the alleged death threat) if you want a civil remedy of a lesser thing such as harassment then the following law has instructions, perhaps a cease and desist letter.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1997/40/contents

Personally I think you are wasting everyone's time.
              Well I decided to cooperate with the Police in the end, so I'm not going to waste anyone's time any longer. I'm sorry for asking such a silly question on here, I won't do it again!

I know that some idiots might label me as a "grass" but I don't care. At least me and my family will be safe. I'm not likely to get back what's owed to me by John Phillips, but I can live without that money, plus he shouldn't intimidating witnesses in this manner anyway. As I've been told "being a man means owning your ****" i.e. a man can't just go against the grain and then play the victim afterwards. Looks like that John will have to face the consequences then, whether I support a prosecution against him or not.

Comment

I think that was a good decision. However whoever had the threats made against them needs to cooperate with the Police - the person making the threats will hopefully be held fully accountable and the people involved can get a court order to keep them from being anywhere near their homes / work.

Comment

I think that was a good decision. However whoever had the threats made against them needs to cooperate with the Police - the person making the threats will hopefully be held fully accountable and the people involved can get a court order to keep them from being anywhere near their homes / work.
                  That was me. Some idiots might think of me as a "grass" but IDGAF.

Comment

OK so hopefully if you cooperate and provide statements and evidence then the person will get what they deserve and you can be kept safe. Protecting you and your family from someone threatening to kill you is as far from being a grass as you can get in my book.

Comment

OK so hopefully if you cooperate and provide statements and evidence then the person will get what they deserve and you can be kept safe. Protecting you and your family from someone threatening to kill you is as far from being a grass as you can get in my book.
                      Yes that is what I will be doing, Mr Rose also threatened to murder my entire family, and contact my younger sister. He's really pissed me off, to the point that I previously considered dealing with it myself.
                      Last edited by MPotter; 6th April 2021, 14:18:PM.

Comment

Hi MPotter
                        I suspect there is an awful lot more detail than you are sharing but that is fine, we don't need to know. However no one can give you proper advice without all the facts. It seems you must know all these people , for example you know who the text message with the treat to kill came from. Also , just saying you are vulnerable does not tell us enough, again we don't need to know but definitions of vulnerability vary widely, it could be physical or psychological or you could have a learning difference.

I understand not wanting to get the police involved, especially if you worry to might reveal things that you did not want revealing but that is often what these people prey on- I think you have done the right thing in leaving it with the police to sort out. I hope it works out for you

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B View Post
                          Hi MPotter
                          I suspect there is an awful lot more detail than you are sharing but that is fine, we don't need to know. However no one can give you proper advice without all the facts. It seems you must know all these people , for example you know who the text message with the treat to kill came from. Also , just saying you are vulnerable does not tell us enough, again we don't need to know but definitions of vulnerability vary widely, it could be physical or psychological or you could have a learning difference.

I understand not wanting to get the police involved, especially if you worry to might reveal things that you did not want revealing but that is often what these people prey on- I think you have done the right thing in leaving it with the police to sort out. I hope it works out for you
                          Hi Matty,

You are correct, I can happily share it via PM but I don't want to post it on a public forum for obvious reasons, if anyone can read something that I post here so could the suspects, and I don't want that happening. I don't physically know them, I only know that he used the name of Mr Rose.

That is correct, I have Autism, Crohn's Disease, Anxiety, and Asthma. I tried reasoning with Mrs Phillips on that basis, only for her to blame me for "making a deal" with her which is wrong! I personally think I was justified in taking this matter further with the Police, they are the only people who can deal with this matter properly.

Comment

I do think you are doing the right thing in leaving it with the police. I am not sure where it says you are a student but I know students are often targeted - I know one who had £3000+ siphoned out of their account .

Comment

Originally posted by Matty B View Post
                              I do think you are doing the right thing in leaving it with the police. I am not sure where it says you are a student but I know students are often targeted - I know one who had £3000+ siphoned out of their account .
                              I said it myself, I'm a part time college student though which is a tad different to being a full time student.

Indeed, thanks for your reassurance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X