• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BMW Financial Services - Constantly marking my credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Financial Services - Constantly marking my credit file

Hello,

I have searched this forum but haven't found an answer specific to what's happening with me at the moment. I have posted previously about my issue with BMW Financial Services, trying to get £908 out of me and I've gone down all the correct routes. I've disputed it directly with them since I voluntarily terminated, then referred the case to the Financial Ombudsman Service (6 months ago actually and I still haven't had a response). But I'm still getting chased by BMW and they are being completely uncooperative.

My issue is that, while I am waiting for the FOS decision, BMW are marking my credit file each month. I know I have the option to just pay off the debt, but I do not feel it's fair that whilst disputing it in the correct way by going to the FOS, they have marked my file, and it's still not resolved 6 months later. BMW have even sold my debt on to a collection agency, although to be fair to that agency, they have stopped chasing me when they found out it's being disputed with the Ombudsman Service. I just don't know why BMW can't do the same and take the marks off my file until a decision has been made. If I just wasn't paying for no reason then I'd understand but they know it's being investigated.

I just don't know what to do here. My credit is already affected now, but I don't feel that while it's being investigated they should have marked my file in the first place. Is there anything I can do to dispute this or am I just going to have to wait for the Ombudsman decision? I will phone them on Monday to chase it up, but I don't know how long it takes for them to investigate. I feel like I have been waiting a while now, having put the complaint to them in November!

Thank you - Hope everyone is keeping safe and well with everything else going on recently.
    Tags: None

Why have you started a duplicate thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X