• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can anyone help with a Commercial lease threat of fortfeiture.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help with a Commercial lease threat of fortfeiture.

Hi Can anyone on here help with a Commercial lease threat of forfeiture? I am behind with the rent circa 5 weeks over the payment date on my commercial unit. I am now down to just me and my wife staff wise I have over £250000 in stock at the unit, an accumulation of my lifes work so far, but have no avenue to sell at the moment due to our ebay account temporarily on hold. This has been temporarily remedied but we have pretty much had to start again with a piggy ebay account until we have a few months sales under our belt or until they release our account. - I have not been behind on the rent before however I have received a letter today that if I dont pay £3000 by the 12th (this coming Monday) then they will apply for forfeiture of lease and seek possession of the premises. We pay quarterly £3000 for the unit. I was upto date until the 1st of last Month. I understand that this is a commonly used strong arm and being commercial I have very little rights but I was wondering where I stand? Its a ltd company lease but I have personally underwritten it. I offered verbally to the landlord to pay £250 a week until we get ourselves back on our feet he said he would let me know and I have heard nothing until receiving this letter from his solicitor. Can any one help? My wifes mother is very ill at the moment and they are a very close family I dont want her to stress about this aswell. Is there any way of mediation that can prevent him applying for forfeiture? Many Thanks in advance. Chris
    Tags: None

Anyone?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X