• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

For a friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For a friend

My friend asked for my advice regarding a letter he received a few days ago from arrow global. I states an old debt he had with direct line from 2003.He admits it wasn't paid but asks if its stated barred. I told him the six Yr no contact no payment rule, but here's where it gets complecated. In 2012 he was paying lowell back in installments for a vanquis card and they had his bank details. In 2016 lowell tried to take him to court for another debt he later proved he had paid, but realised that previous debts he had ignored from 2003 and 2004 that should have been stated barred claimed £10 and £20 pound a month instalments had been coming out of his account unknown to him. For 4 debts in total all old, some one had passed and used his account details on to make statue barred debts live He went to court and reported lowell to the financial services authority and they contacted lowell he cancelled the unauthorised instalments and won his case in court. Lowell did not even bother turning up. This letter a few days ago from arrow global has a statement including some of these installments, he's never received anything from them before and they are now asking for £6.700. The only debt collector who had his bank details was lowell, he never authorised these installments and his carers never picked up on this, he is disabled, and does not know what to do. The bank traced them back to someone called scotcall, who we have found out work for lowell. Is arrow globals claim now valid,? I am unsure how to advise him.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X