• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt collection

Hi, I have recently received a letter from a debt collection agency regarding a debt with welcome finance from over 15 yrs ago. Where do I stand? They have also sent a 4th letter stating they will visit my home to discuss repayment.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi all,
    I assume this debt has been passed to numerous debt collectors. Do I need to ask for the original credit agreement that I would have agreed with Welcome Finance.
    please help.
    Thank you

Comment

When was the last time a payment was made?

Comment

Hi, I've not made a payment eith this debt collector. The last payment with welcome finance would be 10 years+.
        I'm not quite sure when I was with welcome finance or what it was for.

Comment

Hi can anyone advise in this?

Comment

Have you spoken with Welcome Finance about this?

If you don't know what it was for or why then you should identify that information.

Although debt collection agencies have the right to contact you about outstanding debt, they must act within the realms of the law.

Contact them and ask for a written statement of exactly how much you owe. Also, if you don't want them turning up at your front door, make it clear you only want to be contacted by telephone or post. They also cannot come into your house if you don't invite them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearshaped View Post
              Hi, I have recently received a letter from a debt collection agency regarding a debt with welcome finance from over 15 yrs ago. Where do I stand? They have also sent a 4th letter stating they will visit my home to discuss repayment.
              Thanks
              First Identify what is welcome finance and check whether it is really needed or not. Here you need to contact them and ask for a written statement of the amount exactly you owe. Ask them the details carefully.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X