• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please?

I would be very grateful for some advice on this issue I have.
    I have a debt which I have been paying back to Lloyds Bank for the last four years and only have 18 months left before it is paid off. I have always kept up my monthly payments. On the 3 Nov. of this year 2018 two days before another payment was due to be paid I received a letter from Lloyds informing me that they have given over the management of my account to a company named Moorcroft. There was no explanation as to why. I was devastated since my relationship with Lloyds has been very good, they have been extremely sympathetic to my situation. All the letter stated was that Moorcroft would contact me. And gave me Moorcrofts details along with my account ref. numbers. I made an online search for this company and am appalled at the reviews I read. Now I am terrified.
    I immediately emailed the company informing them that due to my situation at home I must not receive any physical mail or mobile telephone calls without prior notice via text message. I also informed them that my financial situation had not changed and that I do not see it changing in the foreseeable future and requested that I continue paying the same amount as I had been paying to Lloyds bank on the same date each month and requested they send me details of their companies sort code and account number in order to immediately set up a standing order before the next payment date is due.
    Now I am wondering if I should have done things differently? If you think you may be able to advise and require further clarification please get in touch.
    Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X