• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Elderbridge refusing acceptance of higher payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elderbridge refusing acceptance of higher payment

HI Ive an Obudsman case with Elderbridge unrelated they increased payments but have refused to allow me to me to pay increase payment circa six pounds .. an excuse for them to charge interest is this legal ?? I have a case with Obudsman ie blance 6k for 8k loan taken in 2007 .. doesnt make sense why so high 3 missed payments in 2009 /2010 at Ge advice .. etc help they are going to charge can they refuse payment for increased payment
    Tags: None

Originally posted by redstar View Post
    HI Ive an Obudsman case with Elderbridge unrelated they increased payments but have refused to allow me to me to pay increase payment circa six pounds .. an excuse for them to charge interest is this legal ?? I have a case with Obudsman ie blance 6k for 8k loan taken in 2007 .. doesnt make sense why so high 3 missed payments in 2009 /2010 at Ge advice .. etc help they are going to charge can they refuse payment for increased payment
    Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you have the right to early settlement of a loan agreement, so i see no reason why elderbridge will not accept higher repayments. If youve complained to the ombudsman then thats the right first step
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Elderbridge said they increased payments but wont increase dd refuse to let me pay increased amount .. a tactic to charge missed payment interest have fos complant ongoing

Comment

IVE rejected fos on Elderbridge so with Obudsman who have opened case on GE money this has been dragging on ..apparently this is why Elderbridge wont acknowledhe my right to pay increased dd .. so we all know they will charge for late payments Help how can this be

Comment

Hi
          I am new to this site but i too am disgusted at the interest rates Elderbridge / Firstplus are able to charge ... Been paying around 9 years and still owe around the same as i borrowed ? Can this be correct ??

Comment

I've gone through the fos published upheld complaints re Elederbridge they are all same hiding charged interest etc fined small amount yet no change are they in someones pocket .. wonga did less yet were nearly wiped out yet fos has upheld complaints ..for Elderbridge not to change and keep going .. legal loan sharks bullying ill depressed etc squeezing every penny out of homes worth nought and noone helps whats going on they breech a fos 2009 ruling re legal charges but don't have to pay them back .. its wasn't their loan at time really if they were missold books thats their affair they want the pie without checking ingrediants and are responsable .. why no press about them loans over or same amount on balance when due to finish .. something stinks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X