• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

15 year old Council tax with liability order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 year old Council tax with liability order

Can anyone advise?

My ex husband has received a bill for council tax going back to 2001/2002 which has a liability order apparently. We were together at the time.

​​​​​For most of that year neither of us were working apart from a few months towards the end of the year. The bill is for the entire year.

I do know that we got into a bit of council tax debt at the time and that we were paying in installments. I do remember someone coming to the house with a view to taking things further and me paying the last installment and being relieved. The liability order dates on the letters are 2002.

We then lived in the property for a further two years. At no point during that two years did we have any further contact that I remember.

According to the debt collector they have two liability orders including one to remove goods which they never did nor did we go to court for further non payment.

We have had no more contact from them for the last 15 years.

​​​​​Can anyone advice?
    ​​​
    ​​

​​
    Tags: None

Presumably England or Wales ? If so,

A liability order granted by the magistrates' court has no time limit for collection, the order can be pursued as long as there is a balance that remains outstanding.

If you wanted to double check the exact periods, what has been happening with it etc you'd need to go direct to the local authority.

Comment

hi

EMail the council ask them for all your acounts for that period, inclding dates paid, and dates applied to the accoun charges and dates. Do you know who there agents were at the time, ask them the same.
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X