• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robinson Way, need help drafting a letter please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson Way, need help drafting a letter please

I have received letters from Robinson way asking for payment for £17,580.00. This was for a secured loan from Welcome Finance that was on my old home that got repossessed. As far as I was concerned when the house was repossessed the loan was paid off as I have had no correspondence from Welcome Finance stating that I owe them any money. I have checked my credit file and there is no mention of any loan regarding this figure on it.

I want to write to Robinson way stating that I do not believe this money is actually owed but do not know exactly what to put in it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Kim
    Tags: None

Re: Robinson Way, need help drafting a letter please

Hi welcome to LB,

Is Robinson Way acting on behalf of its parent company Hoist?

Some details please:

When was the account opened.
    When was the property repossessed?
    Do you know if there would have been
    a short fall between sale price achieved
    and the total amount outstanding.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hi welcome to LB,

Is Robinson Way acting on behalf of its parent company Hoist?

Some details please:

When was the account opened.
      When was the property repossessed?
      Do you know if there would have been
      a short fall between sale price achieved
      and the total amount outstanding.

nem

Hi

Yes they are acting on behalf of it's parent company.
      The property was repossessed four and a half years ago and I believe there was a shortfall.
      The account was opened approximately six years ago.

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kimkitch View Post
        Hi

Yes they are acting on behalf of it's parent company.
        The property was repossessed four and a half years ago and I believe there was a shortfall.
        The account was opened approximately six years ago.

Kim
        Hello Kim,

Was this a straight forward secured loan or a mortgage?
        How much was the loan was it regulated under the Consumer Credit Act !974?

I am surprised knowing those behind RW & Hoist that this has not gone straight
        to a court claim. Have they threatened this?

nem
        I think a prove it letter is needed lets see what they come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Hello Kim,

Was this a straight forward secured loan or a mortgage?
          How much was the loan was it regulated under the Consumer Credit Act !974?

I am surprised knowing those behind RW & Hoist that this has not gone straight
          to a court claim. Have they threatened this?

nem
          I think a prove it letter is needed lets see what they come up with.

It was a secured loan and they have not threatened court action yet. Can't remember the exact amount of the loan though.

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kimkitch View Post
            It was a secured loan and they have not threatened court action yet. Can't remember the exact amount of the loan though.

Kim
            OK Kim,

Send RW something along the lines of the following.

Ref: use theirs:

Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated.........................: In which it is alleged that I am indebted to Hoist in the sum of

£xxxxx. xx arising from a account with Welcome Finance, please take note I do not acknowledge any liability for
            this alleged debt.

I have checked my Credit Reference files and cannot find any trace of the alleged debt.

I require Robinson Way to provide a copy of any agreement it or its parent company holds regarding the alleged debt.

As it is unclear from your letter if this matter arises from an agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ( as amended)

I am enclosing herewith the statutory fee of £ 1.00 ( use a postal order endorsed " For Statutory Fee Only) and I require a copy
            of any such agreement within the 12 + 2 Working Days statutory timescale as laid down in CCA 1974.

I also require a signed and dated current statement of the alleged account.

Yours etc.

Use signed for post, check delivery date.

nem

Comment

Many thanks for this.

Regards

Kim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X