• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

personal matter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personal matter

Hi,i have today received letter from lowell portfolio1 today asking me to contact them regarding a personal matter...the address being one i resided at over 12yrs ago now,at the time i had a relationship breakdown with children involved,recently that matter has/is been resolved. i cannot recollect any known debt to be outstanding from this address,i have been in relationship 14yrs,married for 8and have 2 children,i have fanancial commitments and dont understand why now has a letter,that concerns me slightly,has made an appearance...Can anybody advise me?? Thanks..
    Tags: None

Re: personal matter

At what address was the letter deliverd if not your present one ignore it if your present one also ignore it if you think any debts you may have had are old ones

Comment

Hi thanks for reply, it is addressed to my present one,been here 6yrs,previous one,2yrs,previous one again5yrs!!all with financial commitments ie...loans,vehicle ins,mobile bills, council tax etc etc etc!!! As i mentioned,a long time ago there!! If i had anything outstanding,im pretty sure it would of surfaced long before now!! I last wk took a loan from my bank,also over the years...no problems as to my credit...

Comment

It's a fishing expedition.

Comment

Deliverence...thats a good fishing expedition!!

Comment

Yes, definitely fishing. Also, any debts last paid or acknowledged over 6 years ago would be time barred under The Limitation Act 1980 in England. (5yrs Scotland)

Don't throw the post away, file it carefully and monitor any further letters and update us if it escalates. Definitely seems like a barrel scraping exercise from Lowell. I think describing this as a 'personal' matter is somewhat misleading too.....
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

You gotta give Lowell ten out of ten for trying..........:thumb:
              Celestine is absolutely right in that, any debts last paid or acknowledged over 6 years ago, are statute barred.
              Do not acknowledge Lowell, just let them waste their money on postage.
              “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                Yes, definitely fishing. Also, any debts last paid or acknowledged over 6 years ago would be time barred under The Limitation Act 1980 in England. (5yrs Scotland)

Don't throw the post away, file it carefully and monitor any further letters and update us if it escalates. Definitely seems like a barrel scraping exercise from Lowell. I think describing this as a 'personal' matter is somewhat misleading too.....

Ok...like i mentioned,i had financial commitments,car loan,which i finally got my head out of the sand and paid,debts involving children...all done..well almost..one more payment...that being arrears..that came to bite me on the proverbial..be it 10 yrs later!! Also when i left and found my new lease of life..I informed the housing,naturally..therefor mounting rent and council tax debts...all paid no problem...thanks for reaponding to my concerns...so..as you say. Save letters,any more fishing from them and re-post??thanks.take care..

Comment

Sorry...as for the misleading part,what happens, Just leave things as they are for now? It would be nice to have some...one upmanship..on these people,who try to extract money from vulnerable people who get frightened by the mere presence of that sort of letter!!

Comment

Don't re-post anything......
                    Do not acknowledge them in any way.
                    :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Its completely natural to want to get certainty and clarity. Unfortunately in the murky world of DCA's and debt, these are hard to be found. You may never hear anything again or you may get a long series of letters...it is impossible to say, but for now, leave the hornets nest well alone!
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X