• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio - My Story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio - My Story

I'm currently being chased by Lowell for a debt going back over 5 years and I thought I'd share the situation with others to inform and hopefully get advice.

The debt is for £823 and is for a Lloyds overdraft. The first letter I received was on 18th November 2013 informing me that Lloyds had handed the debt over to Lowell Portfolio. Since that initial letter, my case has proceeded thus:

6 more letters from Lowell with various threats, offers of a reduction, discounts etc.
    27th February 2014 passed to Red Collections and received my first letter from them with another on 13th March.
    14th March yet another letter from Lowell and then back to Red Collections on the 1st April.
    15th April I received the first of two letters from Hampton Legal with the usual threats, court action, CCJ etc.
    Finally, on the 28th May, I received a letter from Lowell to say my account had been passed to BW Legal. An accompanying letter from BW Legal has given me 14 days to pay or risk a CCJ.

Depite all these letters and months of telephone calls, I have stayed completely silent and haven't acknowledged one letter or answered one telephone call on either my mobile or landline.

Here come the questions:

Should I continue to stay silent and hope they will eventually give up?

Why, as the amount owed is £823, are BW Legal not threatening me with a Statutory Demand and bankruptcy? Could this be that they are aware that I live in rented accomodation and have no property assets?

I would appreciate any views, comments and suggestions from forum members.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Portfolio - My Story

A bit more detail would help such as when was the default registered and when was the last payment made? Also sending a prove it letter to anyone who is chasing you should keep them quiet for a bit. Chances are they are trying scare tactics to get you to pay :-)

hole le this helps?
    The brain is the only thing on earth to have named its self

Comment

Re: Lowell Portfolio - My Story

Definitely the lack of property ownership is why they haven't gone for a statutory demand. I don't think I've ever seen one issued against a tenant.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X