• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest on behalf of t mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest on behalf of t mobile

Hi,

Wondering if someone can advise, I received a letter a few moths back from Capquest advising I owe £580 ish for t mobile bill from 2009 or so so I sent a CCA request and received a response advising I would need to contact the shop where I purchased the contracted item for further details... and that as it was not opened under the CCA Act I would have entered into a service agreement.

They also added that my request full statement of the account and fair processing notice have been passed to the relevant dept and they will contact me in due course. (please see attached letter)

Can someone please advise how I should respond to this and where I stand as it is becoming a right headache.

Many thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Capquest on behalf of t mobile

Originally posted by smithyone View Post
    Hi,

Wondering if someone can advise, I received a letter a few moths back from Capquest advising I owe £580 ish for t mobile bill from 2009 or so so I sent a CCA request and received a response advising I would need to contact the shop where I purchased the contracted item for further details... and that as it was not opened under the CCA Act I would have entered into a service agreement.
    That's correct, mobile contracts do not fall under the CCA as they are not credit agreements, they are service agreements, so a CCA request under s.77-79 wouldn't apply.

Originally posted by smithyone View Post
    They also added that my request full statement of the account and fair processing notice have been passed to the relevant dept and they will contact me in due course. (please see attached letter)

Can someone please advise how I should respond to this and where I stand as it is becoming a right headache.

Many thanks
    I've looked at the letter and it says your account is on hold, so it doesn't require a response till they write back providing you with the documents you have requested. :thumb:

Comment

Hi All, Capquest have now come back to me after I requested to see proof of debt, i requested copy of service agreement, statment and notice of assignment, I received the attached letter along with a copy of a final bill... can anyone please advise?
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps you should consider sending a SAR to Capquest to find out how much information they really have about you.

Comment

Thanks Wombat, I will send and SAR today!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X