• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another Inquiry about CapQuest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Inquiry about CapQuest

Hello, I've been told recently that CapQuest has been calling my home looking to speak with me regarding an old debt (unpaid Vodafone bill from a few years back when I fell into financial trouble I think). I've not had the chance to speak with them as I've not been home, but I was wondering if I should?

One thing that is concerning me is that they sent my father a text message requesting that I contact them on some 0333 number. I know for a fact that I would never give out his number as he uses that phone (which happens to be a Vodafone contract) for work purposes. Both our names start with the letter D and we share the same last name, but I still don't understand how they obtained his number.

I'm fairly certain I took out the contract after 2007, however being back in college and already under a pile of bills to somehow catch up on, I am unable and unwilling to pay them. Still, it would be nice to get some advice on any precautions I should be taking for when they inevitably contact me again.
    Tags: capquest

Re: Another Inquiry about CapQuest

Can anyone help me out with this? Once again they called my house while I was at college and they sent another text message to my dad's mobile (which I'm getting grief over).

From what I've read on the forums, it would be ill advised to talk to them over the phone, so communication should be done in writing. I highly doubt saying that to one of their call center lackies will stop them from calling though.

Comment

Get you dad to reply to the text telling them to go away and stop harassing. If the message mentions a debt then also get him to deny any debt.

Comment

Just a little update on this, I recieved a letter in the post today from CapQuest stating that they have bought the debt from a catalogue I signed up for online a couple of years back. They want to set up an 'affordable' repayment plan, but I am very hesitant to deal with this company given what I have read about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          Hello, I've been told recently that CapQuest has been calling my home looking to speak with me regarding an old debt (unpaid Vodafone bill from a few years back when I fell into financial trouble I think). I've not had the chance to speak with them as I've not been home, but I was wondering if I should?

I'm fairly certain I took out the contract after 2007, however being back in college and already under a pile of bills to somehow catch up on, I am unable and unwilling to pay them. Still, it would be nice to get some advice on any precautions I should be taking for when they inevitably contact me again.
          It wouldn't matter if it was taken out before or after 2007 if it was a mobile contract which does not fall under the CCA.

Just a little update on this, I recieved a letter in the post today from CapQuest stating that they have bought the debt from a catalogue I signed up for online a couple of years back. They want to set up an 'affordable' repayment plan, but I am very hesitant to deal with this company given what I have read about them.
          As it doesn't seem to be clear what he debt is for, I'd send them a prove it letter to start with. That will put the onus on them to show you proof of the alleged debt:
          Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to CREDITOR NAME. I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods. Furthermore ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical & psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question and await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Can anyone help me out with this? Once again they called my house while I was at college and they sent another text message to my dad's mobile (which I'm getting grief over).

From what I've read on the forums, it would be ill advised to talk to them over the phone, so communication should be done in writing. I highly doubt saying that to one of their call center lackies will stop them from calling though.
            You are writing everything should be done in writing. With regards to their phone calls, you may want to look at this: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...om+harrassment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X