• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Westcott Phone Call Out The Blue!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westcott Phone Call Out The Blue!

Hi All,

I've been reading around all the great info on forum about something that happened recently but I just had a few points I hope you could help me with. I'll give you the full story first:

The other day my parents received an automated phone call from Westcott with a phone number and a reference number, I'd also got a missed call on my mobile phone from the same area code with no voicemail but i'm guessing it's them. So I rang them back and was surprised to find it was a debt collection agency as I have no outstanding debts! When I spoke to an agent they wanted my name, address and loads of other details before they would tell me what it was in relation to. This seemed very strange to me as surely they would have this on file to begin with and if this call wasn't in relation to me I wouldn't want to give them any details they could use to harass me. Needless to say the phone call didn't get any further as they just kept insisting, so I told them to send a letter to the address they have on file and we can sort it then.

As of yet no letter. I've checked Experian, my score is fine, and there's no recent searches on my credit and no outstanding GAINS.

My question is, how have they got an extremely old contact number (parents) for me as well as brand new one (my mobile) what can I do if they keep ringing my parents? If a letter does arrive do I give them my current address to reply to? If they won't let up doesn't this give them the information they need to harass me further?

Thanks,

Re: Westcott Phone Call Out The Blue!

Got your parents' number by checking council records or using sites like 123people. Or from a creditor! Ask them to stop calling. If they keep calling your parents, get them to log all the calls over a (short) period of time and then write to them demanding that the cease forthwith or you will alerts the police and have them investigate on grounds of harassment. Also tell them you;ll have them investigated under the Misuse of Telecommunications act.

Now, are you sure you don't have any debts/student loans/old overdrafts outstanding? If you are sure you have none, don't sweat. Ask them to provide proof of what you purportedly owe. You might consider writing from your current address to take the stress off your folks. Let Messcott do all the work and provide you with the paperwork. Right now, they're using the standard DCA bully-boy tactic of harassment so get that nipped in the bud right away!!

Comment

professionals??? who do wescott hire??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X