• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

5 year wait

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 year wait

Just been told by my son who has different initials to me that he has received at his address a letter from a debt collector a letter for me concerning a debt from a business I had nearly five years ago.
    Hes writing back to say no one of that name lives there anyway they wont get a penny whatever.
    This makes me think that these threatograms may be sent to anyone anywhere who has the same surname as the debtor our surname is not a common one but I know of at least 6 people on facebook with the same first and last name as mine have to wonder how many letters they may have received for me.
    Tags: None

Re: 5 year wait

There's no doubt that DCA's routinely adopt a scattergun approach, sending speculative letters to all and sundry. What is worrying is the possibility that frightened people may be terrorised into paying a debt that isn't theirs.

A cynical person might suspect that DCA's are aware of this and might not only hope to collect payment from the wrong person, but also to collect it several times.

Comment

Re: 5 year wait

They would not frighten any member of my family but I can see that others mighed worry the joke will be that I expect a few months after he says he is not the debtor another DCA will send a letter but hes moving out soon if they get this address I will need a bigger DCA file LOL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X