• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell chasing Lloyds student overdraft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell chasing Lloyds student overdraft

Hi Guys

thanks for all the feedback.

i do have a similar name to my mother actually....not Christina but close enough. I have had various student digs and they may have been lost in the moves and reverted back to previous addresses, I was at one point listed as living there too.

my mother very, very angry and understandably so. I would like to get this resolved. Thanks Inca - she has actually said to me this morning unless it is sorted she is going to give them my current address! Fair enough I suppose!

Yes - I am very sure that I have not used the account whatsoever since 2009 Gordon.

Im going to email Lowell's so I have it in writing. I do remember receiving a letter from Lloyds offering me 200£ for the debt but I thought it was a sham. Any advice on what approach to take when I email them?

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Mail going to mums? is he hiding from something?
      You don't need to open mail to know where it comes from the return address on the back if Googled will tell you who it comes from if Mum is getting loads of letters from debt collectors she may worry.
      Any mail we get addressed to A N other I check the return address you will be surprised how many ketters we have received from DCAs for people who never lived here if its a DCA its binned im not putting myself out going to a post box
      Okay. I'm not entirely sure whether I did register the address as a previous. It was a few years ago. I normally changed all my address details to be current but I stopped using the account in 2009 and stopped changing the addresses with it. They may be chasing me there because it is listed as a previous address or for some other reason. Really cannot be sure.

Definitely not not my mothers fault for opening the letters, although I am slightly peeved that she has refused to pop it back in the post box with 'return to sender' but understandably she just does not want anything red coming through her door. I had an £80 fine from advantis representing dvla for being late with my car tax and not declaring it as Sorn which was paid instantly, so I'm not completely squeaky!

Comment

Hi Guys

thanks for all the feedback.

i do have a similar name to my mother actually....not Christina but close enough. I have had various student digs and they may have been lost in the moves and reverted back to previous addresses, I was at one point listed as living there too.

my mother very, very angry and understandably so. I would like to get this resolved. Thanks Inca - she has actually said to me this morning unless it is sorted she is going to give them my current address! Fair enough I suppose!

Yes - I am very sure that I have not used the account whatsoever since 2009 Gordon.

Im going to email Lowell's so I have it in writing. I do remember receiving a letter from Lloyds offering me 200£ for the debt but I thought it was a sham. Any advice on what approach to take when I email them?

Thanks to all of you for your help to be honest I wanted to see what my options were before jumping in but priority number one is to stop the letters going to my mum. Just for the record, I am not happy about the letters going her way at all, and have nothing else registered there anymore. My car was registered there a while ago, but is no longer!

I'm going to email them,and sort out a plan. Any more advice would be great. Thanks so much

Comment

Live in england

Comment

Glad to see you have respect for your mother your choice what to do next but taking the worry from your mum is a good move.
            Good luck in getting it sorted

Comment

Any more advice would be great.
              Me personally I would contact Lowell and give them the current address, see what they say for a start, this will at least stop them from sending things to your mothers address

Then if need be (depending what they say or demand) send them a SAR +£10 SAR fee to get the SAR clock ticking, to see what they have or haven't got on you, which they could use against you if they get awkward (more than likely) BUT this would depend on what is said once contacted

One thing to remember they can NOT make you pay more than you can afford, and if you fill out a income/expenditure sheet then do NOT lie with the info you supply them with as it could come back and bite you in the bum

Like I said this is just what I would do

Comment

And it's 5 years for statute barred in Scotland and 6 in England which is why I asked

Comment

Thanks - I've emailed saying they have tried contacting me at the wrong address, please do not send anything else there as it is going to be thrown in the bin.

If they wish to contact me please reply via the email. So we will see! Shall I post here what they say? May be help to someone else who reads this, I'll document what they say....

chris

Comment

Think without an address they will keep sending letters

Comment

Yeah I'm going to pay it.... Just going to wait and see what they say.

The last letter offered a 20% reduction.

Comment

Do NOT under any circumstances talk to them on the phone..tell them ALL correspondence will be in writing,,either email or the regular snail mail.
                        Don't agree to anything with them until you have got some advice from here,,I know the 'basics' but there are many folk on here who really know the stuff and will guide you through this to get you the best possible outcome.

Comment

They are asking for me
                          to confirm address on account and dob. Have no idea what address they have!

Comment

They will be able to identify you from your DOB to an extent, so you will need to confirm that your mothers was a previous address for you, and give them your current address now, and let them know that you now wish ALL letter form of correspondence to come to your current address from now on

You may have to prove to them that you actually live at your current address
                            This is normally done by 3 utility bills (Personally I would only give them the top half of the Bills which has your name and address and who the Bill is from, as the account info or account numbers on the Bill has nothing to do with them)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X