• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Peugeot Car Finance (Banque PSA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peugeot Car Finance (Banque PSA)

Hello

Question on car finance.

Our term is due to end in February, but we have fell behind with payments due to change in circumstances and redundancy.
    We have received letters demanding settlement in full or voluntary surrender of the vehicle. Finance is due to complete in February.

We tried to pay the arrears 3 weeks ago and were told by Peugeot that they no longer had the file and had closed it and had passed to an agent for collection.

Passed it to IRS (Recovery Services) then when I spoke to them they agreed for me to call on the Monday morning to pay the £817 arrears.

I called on the Monday to be told the girl had since left the office and the case was closed and returned to PSA.

Called PSA, they wouldnt speak to us as it had been closed and referred to a new agent and to await a letter.

We waiting and then went on holiday for 12 day. Upon our return, no voicemail OR letters received.

Following day, letter through the post with a card signed saying Sorry we missed you when we called !!! From Grosvenor Credit Recovery. Called them three times and left three voicemails and finally a guy called me back and said they had also timed out and it had went back to PSA, and his advice was to wait on next company ...

What do I do?

Peugeot wont talk to me as they say its closed ... we havent paid around 8 payments due to PSA not wanting to take it OR not knowing who is handling the case and PSA say they cant tell us who is handling the case.

The only figure outstanding we have been able to obtain is from the last agent (Grosvenot) that the outstanding balance was £2330 and that was including multiple fees from the agents.

Help, as we need the vehicle for our family and kids and work.

Also, I live in Scotland and I am starting to feel ill due to the thought of whats going to happen with our car
    Last edited by Amethyst; 21st October 2013, 21:54:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Peugeot Car Finance (Banque PSA)

Hi, and firstly welcome to Legal Beagles.

It appears from reading what you have put that PSA still own the account and are just using Debt Collection Agencies to try to collect the money from you, but none is keeping the account long enough in order to be able to collect payment from you.

It is absolute madness that PSA will not accept a payment from you. I assume IRS are Peugeots internal recoveries arm. If so, it may be worth seeing if you can them directly.

Alternatively, I'd stop messing about and go straight to Timothy Zimmermann, the Managing Director of Peugeot UK, and ask if he will intervene on your behalf. Normally when it hits the MD's office, something moves. No finance company wants to repossess a car, so I'd be surprised if you can't make payment somehow.

Here is the Managing Director's Email address: timothy.zimmerman@peugeot.com

Comment

Re: Peugeot Car Finance (Banque PSA)

If this is a regulated agreement they would have to issued a default notice with the sums of arrears on it before the could commence any action to recover the vehicle, this notice is required by statute and they must give you 14 days to settle any arrears.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X