• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds Dept Settled on Equifax, Being chased by Lowell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds Dept Settled on Equifax, Being chased by Lowell?

Originally posted by crashtestmummy View Post
    This is an account that seems to have my husbands name on it only. But as I said before, I'm sceptical that this is even really his.
    Was the bank account you sourced on Equifax in joint names because that could give you a clue?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Where is the O/D information letter which the OP's husband can send when he returns home. I have no idea where to start looking for that :doggieyes:

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post

^^^^ There it is. Did you sneak that link in after my post FP :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by crashtestmummy View Post
        In addition to the incorrect DOB on this entry in the report, it is also under a linked address that I've never heard of.
        Does his other wife or his mistress live there? :laugh:

My husband is away at the moment
        At the linked address? :rofl:

so I will have to clarify with him, but I'm getting the feeling that this account does not belong to him! If this is indeed the case what on earth should we do!?
        Tell Lowlife to bother the right person instead.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Tell Lowlife to bother the right person instead.
          So do you think the OP's husband should send a *Prove It* letter? It does seem like a fishing expedition to me if Lowells have got the wrong linked address

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Wouldn't it be better to send the O/D information letter to achieve this? :noidea:

I meant this one: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...328#post312328
            Except that the 2010 directive does not apply to an overdraft defaulted in 2009.

Comment

So do you think the OP's husband should send a *Prove It* letter? It does seem like a fishing expedition to me if Lowells have got the wrong linked address
              The wrong "linked address" may be explicable - see above.

The wrong date of birth isn't, unless the debt was incurred by the husband's evil brother.

Comment

We have just had another letter prompted him for payment today from Lowell, threatening all forms of action they could take if he doesn't contact them.
                Have they made a clear threat of legal action yet?? ........The letter you posted above is NOT a clear threat of legal action as they are saying what they COULD do........... a clear threat of legal action is when they say they WILL take legal action............ there's a difference as I'm sure you will see........... If they HAVE made a clear threat of legal action then I am thinking a CPR request needed............... BUT I suspect they will NOT have got to the stage of making a clear threat of legal action yet

Comment

^^^^ There it is. Did you sneak that link in after my post FP :rofl:
                  I did indeed, just to confuse you.

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Except that the 2010 directive does not apply to an overdraft defaulted in 2009.
                  I didn't realise it was that long ago (it's a long thread) I wonder whether the Lowlifes would notice... :noidea:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X