• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone, I need some advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone, I need some advice

I received a claim (Northampton bulk) in the post from Marlin on an HSBC credit card debt. I sent them a CPR request and they did not reply, they also ignored all pre-court protocol, so I made an embarrassed defence as I do not know what the claim refers to. Anyway, the court has asked for proposed directions for the future management of the case. It is currently allocated to the fast track (over £10k).
    I received proposed directions from their solicitors, Mortimer Clarke, they proposed to go to the small claims court, stay the claim for one month to find a settlement and also have another 1 month stay, if agreed between parties.
    What should I do because I have received no documents from Marlin and a stay won't change anything as they won't disclose any papers.
    I am not sure what they are trying to achieve with their directions, especially, if they have the relevant paperwork, other than playing for time.

Any thoughts ?
    Tags: None

Re: Hi everyone, I need some advice

Have you ever done a s.78 CCA 1974 request?

Yes, they are playing for time. Have you tried calling them to ask where the CPR request is? Did you send it recorded delivery?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by celestine View Post
      Have you ever done a s.78 CCA 1974 request?

Yes, they are playing for time. Have you tried calling them to ask where the CPR request is? Did you send it recorded delivery?
      No, I haven't done a s.78 CCA 1974 request. But I did record delivery of the CPR request, the address of both the solicitors and the claimant is the same, so there can be no doubt that they received it.

At the moment, I need to answer their proposed directions, I am thinking of asking for the claim to stay on the fast track, denying the need for a stay etc. I get the feeling that they do not want to stump up the allocation money.

Comment

Originally posted by porkins View Post
        No, I haven't done a s.78 CCA 1974 request. But I did record delivery of the CPR request, the address of both the solicitors and the claimant is the same, so there can be no doubt that they received it.

At the moment, I need to answer their proposed directions, I am thinking of asking for the claim to stay on the fast track, denying the need for a stay etc. I get the feeling that they do not want to stump up the allocation money.

I need to return the proposed directions questionaire by 30th Sept, what should I do ?

Comment

wrong forum.
          Last edited by xian4; 23rd September 2013, 12:14:PM.

Comment

I need to send off a reply today, can anyone suggest to me what I should reply to the solictors regarded their proposed directions ?

Please, any advice is welcome.

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X