• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Carter Solicitors

Hey there,

Last year i had a few problems with an O2 phone bill issue, i study abroad and thus had no written correspondence with O2 or with SRJ who were constantly texting me with the following message:

'Please contact SRJ on 08453137297 quoting Ref ******** or visit us at srjpay.com'

I ignored this message foolishly, once i had returned home for a break in January, my father had notified me that i had been getting so called 'red letters' through the door but he had paid them off. I went back to university thinking the problem was sorted, however, coming back for my summer holidays, my father then told me that he had got another letter through the door recently with 'final notice' written on it, he feared I would have some sort of court summons, so he paid off the money as well - doing so he has paid a couple of thousand during this whole process. I have no idea about the way this sort of debt works, and thought he was probably doing the right thing.

Today i received a text message from Bryan Carter Solicitors, stating that they would like me to call them and gave me a reference number, and i'm pretty sure that they are calling to ask me for money for the same thing. I have not yet called or messaged them, and straight away googled their name to ensure they were a legitimate company, and came across a lot of forums such as this one where people have written about similar problems..

I have no idea what to do, or where to go from here or how to deal with this situation.

How would i go about this?
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
    Tags: None

Re: Bryan Carter Solicitors

Hi s.patel, & welcome to Legal Beagles.

How old is the alleged debt, & when did you last acknowledge it? (either in writing, or by payment)
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Bryan Carter Solicitors

Originally posted by s.patel View Post
      Hey there,

Last year i had a few problems with an O2 phone bill issue, i study abroad and thus had no written correspondence with O2 or with SRJ who were constantly texting me with the following message:

'Please contact SRJ on 08453137297 quoting Ref ******** or visit us at srjpay.com'

I ignored this message foolishly, once i had returned home for a break in January, my father had notified me that i had been getting so called 'red letters' through the door but he had paid them off. I went back to university thinking the problem was sorted, however, coming back for my summer holidays, my father then told me that he had got another letter through the door recently with 'final notice' written on it, he feared I would have some sort of court summons, so he paid off the money as well - doing so he has paid a couple of thousand during this whole process. I have no idea about the way this sort of debt works, and thought he was probably doing the right thing.
      £2k is an awful lot for a mobile phone bill, :scared: :scared: :scared: have you got any statements from them showing where all these charges came from?
      Originally posted by s.patel View Post
      Today i received a text message from Bryan Carter Solicitors, stating that they would like me to call them and gave me a reference number, and i'm pretty sure that they are calling to ask me for money for the same thing. I have not yet called or messaged them, and straight away googled their name to ensure they were a legitimate company, and came across a lot of forums such as this one where people have written about similar problems..

I have no idea what to do, or where to go from here or how to deal with this situation.

How would i go about this?
      Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
      They are a legitimate company, well known round these parts, but you shouldn't call them, :nono: these things have to be dealt with in writing. I would be inclined to ignore them until you actually get a letter from them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X