• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Based in Australia - trying to pay off debt - keep getting passed over to new DCCA's.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based in Australia - trying to pay off debt - keep getting passed over to new DCCA's.

Hello there,
    I do hope someone can help.
    In summary my husband and I ran up LloydsTSB CC debts of approx 30KGBP after he suffered an accident at work and was unable to work. He was eventually compensated but we used the money towards a deposit for our home.
    Since we fell into arrears our debt was passed to AIC and we set up a successful repayment plan which lasted for about 3 years. Then suddenly and without warning in October 2012 they told us to stop our Direct Debit as they were no longer handling the debt. Since then we have literally been around the houses.....So far this year we have been told to work with Westcot, Iqor (never any reply), Robinson Way, CapQuest and now HL Legal. Clearly something is not working here. It is very unsatisfactory to us all and is hardly going to result in a workable solution.We keep getting letters saying a payment plan cannot be arranged when all we have been doing since AIC terminated the plan we had last year is 'to' rearrange one! We are trying to do this and have provided all information requested.UK based Debt Recovery agencies provide numbers that mostly cannot be telephoned from overseas so we are trying to rely on snail mail and email. When we have managed to get through we are told 'oh forget email and snail mail, you'll never get an answer'. We then get passed onto yet another company.
    We've complained to CapQuest but then get another letter from HL Legal saying they are taking court action against us.
    So in a nutshell, where do we stand? We have moved several times and have always ensured these people can contact us, but now I am wondering if we should just have ignored them. Thing is Australia is incredibly tough when it comes to defaults of any kind (e.g. if you are one day late with a repayment of say $10 they'll be straight on the phone) and our credit history and status here is unblemished.
    Any advice gratefully received.
    Thanks all,
    Liv
    Tags: None

Re: Based in Australia - trying to pay off debt - keep getting passed over to new DCC

Hi Liv and welcome to the site, whereabouts in Australia are you, I lived in Perth for a year and have rellies in Melbourne and stayed there for 6 weeks earlier this year, love, love, love Aus.
    Anyway to business, I had exactly the same situation, in the end I wrote to the collections team at Lloyds, explained the situation and asked if they would kindly take the debt back and allow us to pay them direct, it worked, and they have been very nice too.
    I know that writing letters will be time consuming and costly back and forth to Australia, so here's the email address of the guy I've been dealing with, he's the head of recoveries, so I reckon he's the guy you need, good luck and please keep us updated as to how you get on
    Nicholas.Howell@lloydsbanking.com

Comment

Re: Based in Australia - trying to pay off debt - keep getting passed over to new DCC

Thank you so much for your reply, you are very kind. I'll certainly write to him.

Comment

@Sapphy

Relatives in Oz, eh!

A studio photograph of Tasmanian convict Bill Thompson, showing the convict uniform and the use of leg irons. Dated 1880s.

(Just getting my own back! )
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Relatives in Oz, eh!
          We all have them, don't we?

Comment

You lot are horrid :bolt:

Comment

I'm not horrid, I *do* have relatives in OZ, quite a few!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X