• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help needed with welcome finance and their tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed with welcome finance and their tactics

Hello, i am wondering if you can help me please. I opened an account with Welcome Finance (to be referred to as WF) 19/09/2005 for the purchase of a car, The agreement was for £333 per month, i asked to pay weekly which i did, this was done at £83.12. i paid this for a total of 24 weeks,the last payment being 20/03/2006.Due to a change in my personal circumstances i could no longer afford the repayments and asked WF to take the car back, this they did after a lot of pressure from myself, i cannot recall the exact date of the return but it was some time in the following 2/3 months of not paying any more funds onto the account.
    After handing the car back to their representatives i heard no more from them relating to the debt nor how much they sold the car on for to offset against the debt.
    I have had 2 bank loans since then from my own bank and re-paid them with no problems. It was not until within the last 18 months that i realised i had a problem with my credit report, i tried to obtain another loan from my bank and that they refused even though i had 2 with them recently.
    I opened an account with Experian to obtain my report, i saw the credit history with WF and put my credit problem down to that and thought no-more of it.
    Now its a big problem, i recently tried to apply for a mortgage for my Councils RTB.i expected the WF account not to be on my report as is has been over 7 years since my last payment.
    Even though i have not made any payments since March 2006 WF have been recording my payments as over 6 months arrears and now from April 2013 they have now marked them down as default, this as i am aware will now be on my report for the next 6 years making a total of 12/13 years on my credit report. Also according to my report they state that the account was opened in 2005 which is correct but they do not show the payments i have made but show payments being made from June 2007 to March 2008 which is totally incorrect,i have already stated i made no payments since March 2006.
    There is no record of any payments made before June 2007 and up to March 2008 it shows that i was making regular payments which is false, from April 2008 is when they started to show behind in payments 1 then 2 then 3 late up to the 6 months in arrears.
    I have requested my file from WF to substantiate this record around 4 weeks ago but up to press have not received anything but they did cash my cheque i sent with the request. WF state that i owe just under £10,000 which i do not recognise asi only borrowed £7000 and i paid them Around £2000 and gave them the car back.

I have challenged the data provided by WF and have tried to get it altered by complaining to both Equifax and Noddle (credit call) but with no luck, all they came back with was WF says that the data is correct, now WF have put defaults on my record starting April this years even though i have had no notice of this event was going to happen.
    To conclude this email refers to the inaccurate report of payments made in 2007/08, the length of time that the report shows me being over 6 months late with payments and the fact that they have put a default on my report without any prior notice to me stating their intentions and that the report should not be there after over 7 years of none payments.
    Who can i refer this case to please and what legal standing do i have to have this omited from my credit file,i have lodged a complaint with the ICO 2 weeks ago and have not heard from them either
    Yours Sincerly Trevor Neil Fowler
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X