• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Some Advice before I Pay a Fine to Collectica & Their Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Advice before I Pay a Fine to Collectica & Their Fees

Good Morning!

I hope someone can give me some clarity on a situation I'm in. Im about to pay a full amount of a fine, but after reading some information I'm having doubts.

I had a court fine from the DVLA of £595 for not returning a registered owner slip (even though i did) I fought it in court and lost! I couldn't pay the full amount so it was referred to a company called Collectica.

On the 14th of may Collectica wrote a letter (dated 10th may) to me saying it was in their hands and they had a warrant for me to pay £595 or they would send a bailiff if i didn't contact them within 14days.

I called collectica on the 15th and tried to setup a payment arrangement that i could afford. They told me the minimum amount was £200 a month for 2 months and a final payment on the 3rd month of £195. I tried and tried to get that amount lower as i couldn't afford that high amount.

Anyway i paid £200 on the phone as my first payment and the next payment of £200 is due 1st June, final payment of £195 on 1st july.

I was made redundant in June and couldn't pay the final payment of £195 on the 1st of july, so i guess thats called a default.

I got a couple of phone calls last monday (22nd July) i couldn't get to the phone, but finally managed to answer a call at 7PM they called and asked me to confirm all my personal information to them before they would tel me what was wrong, I declined like i do with every caller including my bank that tries to speak with me. The lady was very nice and polite and said she would write to me and when i get the letter i should call them asap. To which i confirmed i would.

Still no letter to date, but on Saturday morning (27th July) A Bailiff knocked on the door, i was out but my OH answered, she called me and i spoke to the bailiff (he wasn't allowed to enter our house) He explained he was here to Collect an outstanding amount of £410 and if i didn't pay it right now he would ring the enforcement van and police to come start removing goods from the house.

I asked why the amount was £410 not £195 that i owed and he said its because I've been charged £215 for the pleasure of his visit. I Asked if they needed to inform me that they was going to attend and he said no because the warrant is still outstanding from May.

Had i have known i was about to be charged double i would have lent the money of someone and paid £195 to avoid paying the £215 fees on top.

Anyway, I've got the money here I've had to lend of my dad to pay the fine, I called the court and they confirmed i owe them £195. But I'm not happy about not being told a bailiff was coming.

Also the bailiff never left anything to say he had been. But he told me he had shown a copy of the warrant to my OH

What should i do?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X