• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff removal of goods notice 24 hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff removal of goods notice 24 hours

I received a letter through the door from jacobs removal of goods in 24 hours...after speaking to the bailiff and asking if there was anything i can do the reply was a definate no...i have read that i can ring the council and offer them repayments and to take the debt back but this is hardly likely...also it says to ignore the bailiff and to make regular payments to the council and to ask in a few weeks for the debt once again to be taken back...my question is when the bailiff comes knocking tomorrow and obviously i will not be answering the door what will happen after that...not sure what my rights are or if i have any so how should i play this...totally stressed...
    Tags: None

Re: Bailiff removal of goods notice 24 hours

What's the debt for?

Comment

Re: Bailiff removal of goods notice 24 hours

Originally posted by kdm View Post
      my question is when the bailiff comes knocking tomorrow and obviously i will not be answering the door what will happen after that..
      The bailiff will huff.

The bailiff will puff.

The bailiff may use bad language and/or utter threats of having you arrested or returning with a locksmith to force entry, neither of which he may lawfully do.

If you have a motor-car that you've not hidden or locked up in a garage, he may levy distress on that. Otherwise, as he works for Jacobs, he may just clamp any car in the street that takes his fancy and expect you to prove it's not your car.

Read link for more information.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X