• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dca showing on my experian help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dca showing on my experian help please

I have recently been declined Car finance and wasn't sure why as I already have on my current car so took a look at my credit file with Experian think I need help not sure what to do below is what I found: Barclaycard started in 5/03 default 4/12 last payment 2yrs show on my credit report as default but satisfied. MKDP shows the same debt Barclaycard could this have been sold to them? I haven't heard any from them at all. Cabot Financial started on 10/07 default 2/10 no coms from them at all. Lowell Started on 10/7 Default on 3/12 now this is the strange one as credit report says £1,079 and shows my previous address but I have received a letter from them yesterday stating what I can only think is the same debt but the amount is £567.68 which is very confusing. I was think and prob wrong but if I ring them to arrange payment they would take it but for how much if I pay is it going to improve my credit rating of 611? Also last question the Cabot and Lowell would be from what I have read be Statue barred as of Oct this year. thanks in advance Claire
    Tags: None

Re: Dca showing on my experian help please

Hi claralou7011, & welcome to Legal Beagles.

When was the last time you paid into, or acknowledged in writing, the alleged debt?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

only the Barclaycard one which is now MKPD was a payment to Barclaycard over 2 years ago I have never paid anything or sent letters in writing at all

Comment

Am I reading this correctly?

You think that there is only one debt, but it is being chased by multiple Debt Collection Agencies?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

no sorry 3 debts 1. Barclaycard but is now held by MKDP... Cabot and Lowell..... but the Lowell one has me confused as on my credit file it states £1,079 but I got a letter yesterday for the same debt from them and that stated £567.68 thanks Claire

Comment

Thanks for that.

Cabot & Lowell are debt purchasers; that is, they buy portfolios of debts (usually 'problem' debts) for pence in the pound.

Alternatively, they may act as agents for for the original (or last) creditor.

So, with reference to these latter two, what 'debts' are they chasing?
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

thanks charitynjw I have no idea what they are chasing or the company on my report it states card & mail order, I didn't know anything about these until recently and didn't take out any finance I split with my ex a few years ago and they have now come to light but I cant prove he did this

Comment

Have a read through this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ing-with-DCA-s (with thanks to Curleyben), & send them the letter on post #4.
                Golden Rule - always get proof of postage.
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

thanks I will send a letter to all three and see what happens thanks Claire

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X