• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise

Hello all

Just wanted a bit of info, i got into some Debt few years ago, Lowell portfolio put a claim into Drydensfairfax Solicitors i now have a
    Claims Form from them, I've requested the original Signed Credit Agreement, its been over 4 weeks now, so i rang them today and they said
    they can not get it, but are sending me some catalog statements, i was wondering were I stand at the moment ??

thank you :-)
    Tags: None

Re: Advise

Someone will be along to give you specific advice shortly but you must not ignore the claim form. Sounds like you will need to acknoledge receipt and say you will be defending in full. Meantime check on the dates on the form.

Also don't phone again - put everything in writing, email will be OK for speed.

QCK

Comment

Originally posted by stemac123 View Post
      Hello all

Just wanted a bit of info, i got into some Debt few years ago, Lowell portfolio put a claim into Drydensfairfax Solicitors i now have a
      Claims Form from them
      , I've requested the original Signed Credit Agreement, its been over 4 weeks now, so i rang them today and they said
      they can not get it, but are sending me some catalog statements, i was wondering were I stand at the moment ??

When did you get the claim form? You have 14 days (+ 5 for service) to acknowledge it, then you have a further 14 days to submit your defence, otherwise they can get default judgment against you! :scared:

I'll be back later...

Comment

thanks for your responses, its on hold till Lowell send them the statements, the solicitors will forward
        them onto me, so my claims form on hold for now! .... they say i own £4200, I've no idea how its got to that amount,
        can they demand that amount with out the original Signed Credit Agreement ?

Comment

thanks for your responses, its on hold till Lowell send them the statements, the solicitors will forwardthem onto me, so my claims form on hold for now! .... they say i own £4200, I've no idea how its got to that amount,can they demand that amount with out the original Signed Credit Agreement ?thank you :-)
          Have you acknowledged the claim ticking the box saying you intend to defend? Because if not, they could still obtain judgment! I wouldn't trust Lowell at all, they are as devious as they come! :rant:

Did you send a CPR 31.14 request for documents nmentioned on the particulars of claim? I haven't seen the PoC but assume you should have the right to request copy of the agreement, the assignment notice and the default notice at the very least. :typing:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Have you acknowledged the claim ticking the box saying you intend to defend? Because if not, they could still obtain judgment! I wouldn't trust Lowell at all, they are as devious as they come! :rant:

Did you send a CPR 31.14 request for documents nmentioned on the particulars of claim? I haven't seen the PoC but assume you should have the right to request copy of the agreement, the assignment notice and the default notice at the very least. :typing:
            No i still have the Claim Form, its on hold so ive sent nothing off to them, I haven't even Acknowledged the dept, All i have done is ring the Solicitors up and ask
            for a copy of the Agreement i signed which they don't have..

Comment

No i still have the Claim Form, its on hold so ive sent nothing off to them, I haven't even Acknowledged the dept, All i have done is ring the Solicitors up and ask
              for a copy of the Agreement i signed which they don't have..
              Have you got all that in writing? You need to get things in writing, otherwise next thing you know you'll have a CCJ and no proof of your telephone conversations with the solicitors.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                Have you got all that in writing? You need to get things in writing, otherwise next thing you know you'll have a CCJ and no proof of your telephone conversations with the solicitors.
                no but i will call tomorrow and ask if i can have it in writing from them

Comment

Originally posted by QCKate View Post
                  Someone will be along to give you specific advice shortly but you must not ignore the claim form. Sounds like you will need to acknoledge receipt and say you will be defending in full. Meantime check on the dates on the form.

Also don't phone again - put everything in writing, email will be OK for speed.

QCK
                  If you do phone, back it up with a letter/email (with proof of postage if letter) immediately.

"Re xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Further to my phone conversation with your representative (name if possible) on (date),............." etc
                  Last edited by charitynjw; 19th June 2013, 19:57:PM.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    If you do phone, back it up with a letter/email (with proof of postage if letter) immediately.

"Re xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Further to my phone conversation with your representative (name if possible) on (date),............." etc

Hello again

ive not heard from Drydensfairfax Solicitors for weeks now, i sent Lowell a Request Letter for a copy of the True Agreement
                    via recorded letter, received a response letter today it said, we will Reply to you soon and they have asked the original lender for the Agreement
                    Well i know they don't and cant get it because weeks ago i phoned the Solicitors and they told me this

so what do you think happens now
                    I only hear from them i a contact them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X