• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

default notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: default notice

how do i get it removed again?

Comment

Originally posted by 30loom View Post
      how do i get it removed again?
      Do you have any evidence that the first Default was placed on your file in 2006 such as a copy of the Equifax or Experian report? And do you also have evidence of the original DN from the lender? Maybe you could send that to the CRAs as proof and ask them to remove the second Default registered by MacKenzie Hall. If they refuse refer it as a complaint to the ICO. The CRAs will probably tell you it's not their problem they're just a "library" for other people's information. You will then have to remind them that they cannot lawfully hold and share wrong information.

I'm sure someone else will explain the process better than me and guide you to a template letter for doing this :typing:

Just be absolutely certain that the account is statute barred and you haven't acknowledged the debt (even if you didn't pay any money towards it) since 2006. Your approach to the CRA will alert MacKenzie Hall to your existence and they may 'try it on' which is why I asked whether you are at the same address now as you were then so you will receive any correspondence which could be triggered by your actions :wink:

Comment

i have no evidence it was on my file because it was removed in december, i have never acknowledge the debt at all, i have lived at the same address since 2005, and i have never had a letter off mackenzie hall to say they took the debt over:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X