• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duplicate CCj's from Bryan Carter by Egg and Arrow global also partial claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate CCj's from Bryan Carter by Egg and Arrow global also partial claim

As some of you are aware I have been in the process of dealing with some of my debts. Largely due to a misspent youth. I am now trying to deal with each of these debts. I have 5 CCJ’s in total of which I have settled 2 in full. (therefore I have not listed these debts)

Please see below the information that the court has supplied me with in relation to these debts:-

Claim Number: ****901
    Claimant: EGG PLC
    Claimant’s solicitor: BRYAN CARTER SOLICITORS LLP
    Telephone: 08453133125
    Reference: EGG/***2256
    Amount £297
    Date of Judgement 14/06/2007

Claim Number: ****4448
    Claimant: ARROW GLOBAL GUERNSEY LIMITED
    Claimant’s Solicitor: BRYAN CARTER SOLICITORS LLP
    Reference: EGG/0***5372
    Date Of Judgement 24/07/2007
    Amount £2287

Claim Number: ****74451
    Claimant: ARROW GLOBAL GUERNSEY LIMITED
    Claimant’s Solicitor: BRYAN CARTER SOLICITORS LLP
    Reference: EGG/***2256
    Date of Judgement 19/12/2008.
    Amount £1794

I phoned Brian carter regarding the two judgements that I had received for claims ending 901 & 4449 in October and made two separate £50.00 payments via direct debit from October 2007 monthly until May 08 when the direct debit was returned and I buried my head in the sand.

Because the original claim ending 901 was only for part of the debt £297 by my reckoning I’ve paid more than was due because BC split the debt?

Also it appears Egg then sold the debt to Arrow Global who then issued a Separate CCJ for the whole debt again through Brian Carter.

One further piece of information as that both these debts have subsequently been sold by Arrow to Lowell Financial who have closed their files because Egg could not comply with my CCA Request.

What should my next course of action be?

As always I’m very grateful to you all for your help. I’m not as concerned about case ending 4448 because it should ‘Drop off in a couple of months)

Thanks again.

Kev
    Tags: None

Re: Duplicate CCj's from Bryan Carter by Egg and Arrow global also partial claim

Carter split his claim again, going for his costs first

Serious No, No

Abuse of service and CPR

Comment

Re: Duplicate CCj's from Bryan Carter by Egg and Arrow global also partial claim

More to the point, how the buggery was judgement obtained when Egg had failed to satisfy a request made under s.78 (link) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974? Section 78(6) should have made that impossible!

Were the cases defended?

Comment

In all honesty I heard from Lowell some 6 months ago 3/4 years after Arrow CCJ'd me for the second time on the same debt. The CCA request was sent after this event.

Any advice on what I can do to remedy the situation?

Comment

I am not a lawyer but I believe the correct term for the likelihood of getting those old judgements set aside is "bugger all".

If you could shew you had emigrated to the colonies at the time or were (otherwise?) afflicted with serious mental incapacity, you might have a slightly better chance.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            I am not a lawyer but I believe the correct term for the likelihood of getting those old judgements set aside is "bugger all".

If you could shew you had emigrated to the colonies at the time or were (otherwise?) afflicted with serious mental incapacity, you might have a slightly better chance.
            Thats a shame i didn't think you could split claims.

Comment

This is something that requires a multiple plan of action.

Bryan Carter are solicitors and I would imagine that you should exhaust their internal complaints process and take it to the SRA.

Second, I think complaints to Egg and Arrow are required too, and ultimately to the FOS to get one of the duplicate entries taken off (FOS can and will order your CRFs to be cleaned up if what has happened is unfair).

Third, take it up with the CRAs.

I'd personally kick all of this off simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post
                Carter split his claim again, going for his costs first

Serious No, No

Abuse of service and CPR
                If that's the case then OP has grounds to get one of the CCJs reoved from his CRFs?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X