• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance

Hey everyone

I'm new to this and really need some help! Please direct me to the correct place if needs be!

I took out a 'secured' loan with Welcome in April 2008. I put the word 'secured' in inverted
    comas as i recently went to the land registry office to see of there are any charges on my property and the only charge is my mortgage provider!

Since taking out the loan, every payment has been made on time until January 2013 when my husband lost his job. After doing some jigging about with our finances, my husband looked at my credit agreement and statements etc from welcome and saw that they have charged me for things I said no to on the original credit agreement such as healthcare, etc. This loan is in my name only as I took it out before even meeting my husband.

I decided to send a SAR and received a letter saying they aacknowledged my request and would be in contact soon. Yesterday I received a letter saying they need me to verify my ID which I find strange as they have always communicated with me at the same address. I'm wary of sending a copy of my passport or driving license as I read on here that when SAR'ing Welcome, you shouldn't sign with your usual signature as they are fond of scanning it and using it without your consent. Not sure what to do and need some advice. My husband thinks the agreement is unenforceable and this is what we want to look into hence the SAR in the first place.

Please help me!!
    Madison's Mummy
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance

I haven't got my list of letters on this machine, but if nobody else produces one i the meantime, I'll be back around possibly tomorrow night, but more likely Wednesday when I could post up an ideal response letter for you. Feel free to pm me to jog my memory if nobody helps prior to then.

Comment

Thanks lab man. If anybody else can help me in the interim, I'd really appreciate it!

Comment

Attached is a letter you will hopefully find useful.
        Attached Files

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

subscribe
            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X