• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cap quest !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap quest !!!!

HI..... WHO IS THIS??? !!!! CAP QUEST???? ....they have been phoning my previous employer & now my present employer !! didn't know who they where so just ignored them ( thought they where PPI pests!!) they have left a phone & ref no I am reluctant to get in touch as have read some of the forums & am wary as don't know what they want I don't owe anyone anything & don't have anything on credit my present employer is ok at moment but I have know idea HOW they got the number???!!!! I am a widow & live alone & feel very vunerable when things are out of my control .....sorry for rambling on can anyone HELP what do I do ???????
    Tags: None

Re: Cap quest !!!!

CapQuest, aka CrapQuest, know very well it is a breach of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines to ring an alleged debtor's employers - past and present. Some debt collection agencies engage in a tactic known as Scatter Gunning, whereby they contact everyone with the same or a similar name in the hope some mug will pay up, even if they do not owe money, which is a definite no-no. If you know you owe nothing and have nothing on credit, I would be inclined to report this to Trading Standards. If CapQuest up the ante and become aggressive, abusive or threatening in any way, there is a way to deal with them which should only be used as a last resort.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Capquest are debt collectors and purchasers: http://www.capquest.co.uk/contactCons.asp better known as Crapquest by most of us. :grin:

Don't ring them, if you ever answer the phone, tell them to put whatever they have to say in writing, that's the only wat to deal with debt collectors.

You say you've got nothing on credit, could this be an old utility bill, mobile contract, Sky, etc.?

There is no reason whatsoever to be afraid of them, they have no powers and can't do anything to you. :hug:

Comment

Many thanks for your reply & your advice ...will be getting in touch with Trading Standards

Comment

thanks for prompt reply am feeling more confident now I know now what to do ...Crapquest!!!!uke:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Capquest are ... better known as Crapquest
            They've been on their quest for a long time.

Haven't they found it yet?

Comment

It is quite likely they are not after you at all. These Debt Collection Agencies frequently send out messages to a group of people with the same name as a genuine debtor in the hope someone will respond and start paying them. I would not worry.

Comment

How do crapquest know the OPs previous and present employer surely it costs money to trace who someone works for or did once

Comment

If they know employers past/present, then it is pretty certain they are chasing the correctly named person, if I had a list of names and telephone numbers I certainly would not know that so and so works for a certain company, especially if I was on a quest to locate a person, so they must have a connection I would of thought.? does the person have outstanding alledged debts? or fines etc?, certainly not ring crapquest have they received letters etc?

If not a complaint to Trading Standards etc is relevant her as Bluebottle has stated.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                    How do crapquest know the OPs previous and present employer surely it costs money to trace who someone works for or did once
                    Quite - on which databases would such data be stored?

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                      It is quite likely they are not after you at all. These Debt Collection Agencies frequently send out messages to a group of people with the same name as a genuine debtor in the hope someone will respond and start paying them. I would not worry.
                      Exactly my thoughts, Labman, and welcome back.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                        Exactly my thoughts, Labman, and welcome back.
                        WELCOME BACK LAB!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X