• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons... Again!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons... Again!!!!

Hi if the debt is solely if your name and its from 2012 and now you live with a partner does your debt then become theirs????

after informing the bailiff I have a signed document stating the car is owned by someone else, he's now saying its his debt too. Even tho he didn't live here.
    Tags: None

Re: Marstons... Again!!!!

It will depend on the legal status of your relationship. If it is a solemnised marriage or civil partnership, then the bailiff is correct. If you and your OH are simply co-habiting, the bailiff is clutching at straws. This bailiff is heading for a fall.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

No we just live together, he is jointly on the mortgage but I have his bank statements and wage slips to say he didn't live here for when the debt. Is from

Comment

See here.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-1642666/Can-I-escape-from-my-wifes-debts.html

Comment

If you are simply co-habiting, the bailiff is talking out of his rear end. Ask to see his bailiff certificate and take details of his name and the court that issued his certificate. If he refuses or claims he doesn't have to, it can be an indication he knows he is on unsafe ground.

Comment

I've asked him for his certificate number he says " that I don't need to know" I also asked for the warrant number and court that issued it and he also says "that I don't need to know". I've rang the courts and they have no record of me but carnt get through to the 1 I thins issued it. I really hope I can sort this I have just lost a family member this morning And I can do with out him playing games.

Comment

If you have suffered a bereavement today, you are classed as vulnerable and all enforcement action must cease. You will need to provide evidence, but the creditor and bailiff company must cease all enforcement action on receipt of evidence of the bereavement.

Please also accept my sincere condolences.

Comment

It's my uncle so I don't have evidence as such just a whole lot of messages. And thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Emzy2013 View Post
                  It's my uncle so I don't have evidence as such just a whole lot of messages. And thank you very much.
                  Speak to the creditor and ask what evidence they require. I would not deal with the bailiff, who has fed you a load of tosh, or the bailiff company until you have first spoken to the creditor.

Comment

Ok thank you very much

Comment

Sound daft I no..../ I spoke to the council about my account and the woman said if I wrote an email explaining my situation then someone in the back office may consider pulling it back. I wrote 2 emails explaining my situation and both occasions have been knocked back. So does any1 have any ideas how I can put the email explaining that I don't work have 3 children the eldest being 5 I am a full time carer I also have a diagnosis of chronic migraine which stress doesn't help with and to top it off I lost my uncle yesterday. Any ideas???

Comment

The lack of an appropriate result may be due to your not having addressed your problems to one of the council organ grinders but merely to their performing monkeys.

You should email (or write) to the Head of Revenues and, if s/he won't budge, to the CEO. Also contact your local (elected) councillor(s), the leader of the council and the leader of the opposition or resistance.

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X