• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Check box signatures on CCA's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check box signatures on CCA's

Hi all. I am in the process of getting a copy of the original MBNA CCA from Idem/Arden who have officially bought the debt.

Whilst it has taken since December 2012 for them to come up with this (even though it is my understanding it should have followed as the paper trail with the debt's sale) all they have come up is a sheaf of grubby photocopies which do bear my name and a tick box as signature.

Before I respond to them formally. my question is this. Does anyone on the forum know if check box signatures are acceptable as a signed form of CCA? More importantly, do they have any leverage in actual law.

Intrigued, I am!
    Many thanks (in anticipation).
    Tags: None

Re: Check box signatures on CCA's

Originally posted by Bennysonic View Post
    Hi all. I am in the process of getting a copy of the original MBNA CCA from Idem/Arden who have officially bought the debt.

Whilst it has taken since December 2012 for them to come up with this (even though it is my understanding it should have followed as the paper trail with the debt's sale) all they have come up is a sheaf of grubby photocopies which do bear my name and a tick box as signature.

Before I respond to them formally. my question is this. Does anyone on the forum know if check box signatures are acceptable as a signed form of CCA? More importantly, do they have any leverage in actual law.

Intrigued, I am!
    Many thanks (in anticipation).
    It all depends on the date you opened the account. The Checkbox 'signatures' are acceptable in place of a signature if you applied for the card or loan online from January 2005 onwards: Consumer Credit (Electronic Communications) Regulations 2004

If you applied online before 2005, then they should have sent you an agreement to sign. From 2005, by ticking the box you would have agreed to the T&Cs as displayed online, in the same way as if you were signing an agreement.

Last edited by FlamingParrot; 25th April 2013, 13:51:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X