• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Difference between Debt collection and Debt MANAGEMENT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Debt collection and Debt MANAGEMENT

is there a difference between the two? apparently some debt colectors are only classed as debt managment companies and actually cannot request any payment from you....they are only allowed to hlp you "manage" your money is this the case? heard it from the credit control department where I work....thanks y'all!
    Tags: None

Re: Difference between Debt collection and Debt MANAGEMENT

Originally posted by BlueStar83 View Post
    is there a difference between the two? apparently some debt colectors are only classed as debt managment companies and actually cannot request any payment from you....they are only allowed to hlp you "manage" your money is this the case? heard it from the credit control department where I work....thanks y'all!
    Have you changed jobs recently? :confused2:
    Hey folks, been trying to get clarification on this for a while now,

I work at a national Pizza chain, custoemrs leave tips and the company has nothing to do with these at all.

I accept that we are responsible for our cash, although I would argue this,
    when you have a cash short repayment is demanded immediatly regardless of the amount and this appears to be in contradiction to the employment act 1996 about notice and not taking more than 10% is this correct?? x

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Have you changed jobs recently? :confused2:
      Have you seen the price of a pizza these days? It a sign of the times that you need cerdit to pay the bill!

Comment

Whilst both are ancillary credit business under the consumer credit act they each perform different functions and require different licenses.

In general debt advice require a type D-E-(H)license, and debt collection require a type F.

Debt management companies are not licensed to collect debts only to advise and intervene as third parties between debtor and creditor to help discharge them. Debt collectors just collect debts.

Comment

Bluestar, I think you need to explain a little more as to the circumstances otherwise you can only be offered general comments

Comment

hi all, and thanks for the replies!! I havent changed jobs recently, I have always worked two jobs one for a bank in insurance fullt iem and one part time waiter! what I wanted to know is if a "debt cvollection" agent tries to say pay me £300 for the debt you owe or we will take court action, but they dont actually have the licence is this legal, and if not can you compalin to the ombudsman? does that make sense? x

Comment

Unless they have a consumer credit licence they can do nothing other than illegal activities.
              If the do have a CCL unless they own the debt they can only ask, it is the owner of the debt who has to issue a claim

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                If the do have a CCL unless they own the debt they can only ask, it is the owner of the debt who has to issue a claim
                Mightn't the pizzeria proprietor threaten to fit a debtor with concrete boots? msl:

Comment

Now now cloggy please don't stereotype Italians. I can do that enough for both of us.....now where's the horse

Comment

You can always tell if its an italian debt collector they make YOU an offer you CANT REFUSE

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                      Now now cloggy please don't stereotype Italians. I can do that enough for both of us.....now where's the horse
                      try the tesco meat counter
                      Bought some tablets today to build my strength up .. cant get the bloody lid off.

Comment

what I wanted to know is if a "debt cvollection" agent tries to say pay me £300 for the debt you owe or we will take court action, but they dont actually have the licence is this legal, and if not can you compalin to the ombudsman? does that make sense? x
                        Has this actually happened to you BlueStar and/or have you received a LBA? If so send a PM to PT2537 because if it was me that's what I'd do :wink:

Holding down two jobs must be hard work. How do you find time to be on the internet so much :typing:

Comment

lol, ive always had two jobs! easy peasy! how do you prove someone owns a debt? is taht the deed of assignment? ive never managaed to get a dca to send one!

Comment

lol, ive always had two jobs! easy peasy! how do you prove someone owns a debt? is taht the deed of assignment? ive never managaed to get a dca to send one!
                            You'll never get a DCA to send a deed of assignment but they should send a Notice of Assignment. We have a Prove it letter here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...9479#post59479

Would be good to know who you're dealing with because there are lots of different DCAs, some much more organised than others. Marlin and Arrow amongst others are trigger happy and quick to issue court papers. Lowell are known for their SDs and so are 1st Crud.

As Plan B said above, if you've got a Letter Before Action, you really need to respond appropriately, it's been a week since your last post, any developments you care to share? :ohwell:

Comment

Why do you want to know :confused2:

Check out your own website for the answers to all these hypothetical questions :ranger:

PS You'll find this site has a Spell Check option on the top line (far right) of the reply box. HTH

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X