• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can a DCA tell a third party about your debts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a DCA tell a third party about your debts?

Hi guys, could I pick your brains for a little advice please?
    A debt collector paid a home visit to us as my partner owes £854 for an over draft with Santander.
    THey instructed Robinson way to collect the debt on there behalf, Robinson way sent a collector to the door, I would have panicked a while ago but not any more after being on this forum.
    I said my partner is not here, the collector said its regarding a Santander debt can I discuss it with you?
    I say No he pops his head in my door and says you have a phone can I have the number, I step towards him he backs off and says they (Robinson way) want me to come round every month to collect the debt until its paid is that ok, I say errr no put everything in writing and calmly close the door.
    now can the collector disclose my other halfs finances to me?
    There is no third party disclosure on the old bank account.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Can a DCA tell a third party about your debts?

I would have said you can come round every month if he wished he wont get anything then told him to ---- off

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      I would have said you can come round every month if he wished he wont get anything then told him to ---- off
      Before or after squirting water over the front of his trousers? :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by emma123 View Post
        Hi guys, could I pick your brains for a little advice please?
        A debt collector paid a home visit to us as my partner owes £854 for an over draft with Santander.
        THey instructed Robinson way to collect the debt on there behalf, Robinson way sent a collector to the door, I would have panicked a while ago but not any more after being on this forum.
        I said my partner is not here, the collector said its regarding a Santander debt can I discuss it with you?
        I say No he pops his head in my door and says you have a phone can I have the number, I step towards him he backs off and says they (Robinson way) want me to come round every month to collect the debt until its paid is that ok, I say errr no put everything in writing and calmly close the door.
        now can the collector disclose my other halfs finances to me?
        There is no third party disclosure on the old bank account.
        Thanks
        No he should not be discussing your other half's debt with you'
        He can ask how he can contact him, but you are under no obligation to tell him, or even to tell him the truth.

Comment

After a couple of fruitless visits he will get bored and crawl back under his stone. He works on commission so its not worth his while making a lot of visits.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm not afraid of these guys anymore, I was thinking of making a formal complaint to Santander as they own the debt they are responsible for how the DCA collect the debt if I'm correct.
            Thanks

Comment

I would think Santander would not give a stuff how the DCA behaves they may say sorry but it wont stop them passing debts on,its up to this OP and others to tell the collectors where to go i agree with the comment that as the collector is on a commission he wont bother if refused payment a couple of times.
              Its the same as the chain of threatograms from various DCAs chasing the same debt when they get no response they pass it to the next DCA I know 6 DCAs chasing me for over 3 years for one debt and i never have contacted them if a doorstep caller turned up he would leave rather quick

Comment

Originally posted by emma123 View Post
                Thanks guys, I'm not afraid of these guys anymore, I was thinking of making a formal complaint to Santander as they own the debt they are responsible for how the DCA collect the debt if I'm correct.
                Thanks
                Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                I would think Santander would not give a stuff how the DCA behaves they may say sorry but it wont stop them passing debts on,i
                Legally if Santander still own the debt they are responsible for the actions of any DCA they employ to chase the debt so a complaint to them should be considered

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X