• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

debt letters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt letters

Hello, i am still recieving debt letters for a grandson who does not live at my address,i put them back in post saying not at this address but i have had 4 this week. He used to use our address for his post but my husband has asked him to change all his post to his own address so his bank and driving licience are no longer down for our address and have not been for the last 4 months. Is it still alright to put these back in post, i worry after we had bailiffs last year and we paid them £1900 which took nearly all our savings but i panicked and thought they would break in when we were out. My husband says we are not paying anyone else as we have other grandchildren that are doing without because of this one.
    Tags: None

Re: debt letters

Originally posted by susannicola View Post
    i worry after we had bailiffs last year and we paid them £1900 which took nearly all our savings but i panicked and thought they would break in when we were out.
    What firm of certificated crooks was involved and why was that sum allegedly owed?

Needless to say, neither you nor your husband owed that money (unless you'd agreed, in writing, to be a guarantor) and it simply should not have been extorted from you.

Comment

And, yes, you should just write "no longer at this address" on the letters and repost them.

Comment

we paid Phillips balliffs the fine was motoring fine £850 but with all charges to Phillips we had to pay £1900 i did complain to them and court but had no reple from either, i sent Phillips recorded delivery as the girl Tracy in there office said pay and reclaim the charges what a joke, the debts now are a gym membership and a £100 pay day loan that is now £550 the grandson in question has been told but doesnt do anything to help

Comment

Originally posted by susannicola View Post
          we paid Phillips balliffs the fine was motoring fine £850 but with all charges to Phillips we had to pay £1900
          I'd like to know what "fees" those buggers charged, as the most to which they should have been entitled - and only then if they had found the person who had defaulted on the fine - would have been £85 for "admin" and £215 "attendance fee". What fictions did they use to charge another £750?

did complain to them and court but had no reple from either,
          Fancy that.

After they have screwed money from people, they really do not care.

If you want to get your money back, you'll probably need the support of your MP.

sent Phillips recorded delivery as the girl Tracy in there office said pay and reclaim the charges what a joke,
          I would expect little else, because...
          bailiffs tell lies!

the debts now are a gym membership and a £100 pay day loan that is now £550 the grandson in question has been told but doesnt do anything to help
          Just write "Gone away - return to sender" on the envelopes and repost them.

If you get more bailiffs turning up, tell them that your darling grandson does not live with you, has no property or goods at your house and that you do not know where he currently resides.

Comment

Remember These are are NOT your debts and you cannot be made to pay them . If the bailff spouts off some nonsense about the debt needing to paid or he'll take your things he's lying.
            It might be worth making a statuory declaration at a solicitors that your gandson does not reside at your address and has no goods there. Make several copies give one to each shaved gorilla that turns up. Ask them very politely to leave and not to return . Ideally if you have a video camera or video on your phone record this. If they become aggresive or abusive call the police. Dont say anything about bailiffs just say that you have an agressive trespasser and that as pensiononers you are frightened . With luck the police will turn up .

Do not letthe bailiff in under any circumstances whatsoever . He may say that he'll return with a locksmith , he wont , he cant force entry as the debtor doest live there if he tries then any protection hisa certificate gives him is invalid.

Try and convince your grandson that these debts need paying and that he should speak to his creditors to come to an arrangement with them .
            Last edited by seduraed; 10th March 2013, 16:20:PM. Reason: spellimng

Comment

thank you to all your replies, both my husband and i have tried to talk to grandson before christmas but he takes no notice of what we say, he now does not speak as we asked him to stop all his post coming here, when he asked us if his post could come here he made excuse his mothers boyfriend was opening his mail but what i have realised his mother my ex daughter in law has bad debts and our grandson is just like his mother, he probably wouldnt have been able to get anything at home address, what fools we have been taken in by own grandson, we got his post stopped after this i asked for help on this site, i was nearly ready to be put in mental hospital it got that bad we darent go out in case bailiff came, i was pleased to pay them just for peace of mind but we are determined not to pay more, i cant thank you people on this site for helping and listening thank you all again.

Comment

You should not have been made to pay money you did not owe and I believe that Philips should be required to return it, plus 8% interest, and also a sum in damages for the upset they needlessly caused.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X