• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Repossession court hearing tomorrow, how long will I be given to move out of property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repossession court hearing tomorrow, how long will I be given to move out of property

I was declared bankrupt 8 months ago and as a result my property is being repossessed. There is a court hearing tomorrow (26th February 2013) which im sure a repossession order will be granted. I am moving into a rented property next week. How long would I be given if a repossession order is granted as I have visions of returning to the house tomorrow night and finding everything I own has been repossessed!! I have submitted correspondance to court to say that i will be moving to a new property and have asked for a couple of weeks to do so, do you think I will be given this time, how much notice does a standard repossession order give?? Any help much appreciated!!
    Tags: None

Re: Repossession court hearing tomorrow, how long will I be given to move out of prop

grateful for any help, thanks

Comment

Re: Repossession court hearing tomorrow, how long will I be given to move out of prop

Hi Laurieloo2

Eviction is 28 days after the hearing unless the claimants request an earlier eviction but they would have to have a valid reason.

Comment

Originally posted by IanM View Post
        Hi Laurieloo2

Eviction is 28 days after the hearing unless the claimants request an earlier eviction but they would have to have a valid reason.
        Thanks so much, that puts my mind at rest! I was too scared to leave home tomorrow!!

Comment

If you are going to court tomorrow then i would suggest specifically asking the judge for 28 days yourself. Even if you are moving next week you may need to collect any mail, including bankruptcy documents you are waiting for etc, until you can have your post redirected to your new address.

Comment

Laurieloo2
            Having been through repossesion i would say to you,look on it as the end of one phase of your life and the begging of a new one we found that it was a huge weight off our shoulders and it enabled us to move on i have not experienced bankrupcy but those i know who have gone through it has felt much better after it all remember your not a criminal what happened to you has happened to thousands a new life beckons so grab it with both hands and good luck remember there is always help and advice on this forum

Comment

After getting a possession order the claimant/lender still has to apply to the court for an Eviction Warrant. You can ask the court to let you remain in the property for a maximum of 42 days at the possession hearing which prevents any successful application to evict you before that date. You should have done this on the form you were sent with the summons otherwise the court will automatically give you 14 days if you don't attend the hearing.

Good Luck with the next phase of your life because this will be a weight off your mind now

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                Laurieloo2
                Having been through repossesion i would say to you,look on it as the end of one phase of your life and the begging of a new one we found that it was a huge weight off our shoulders and it enabled us to move on i have not experienced bankrupcy but those i know who have gone through it has felt much better after it all remember your not a criminal what happened to you has happened to thousands a new life beckons so grab it with both hands and good luck remember there is always help and advice on this forum
                I hope so! A few other teething problems to sort but I am hoping by the time I am discharged in June I can put this chapter of my life behind me and never look back!

Comment

You will look back and chuckle maybe tearful my wife was then you will realise that it was only money and remember all the grief it gave you many people have been through the same some on here a new life is ahead grab it with both hands look forward a be happy we are
                  GOOD LUCK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X