• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest Harassment after Bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest Harassment after Bankruptcy

Hi, I was made bankrupt in August 2012 by a creditor, however Capquest still call me 3 or 4 times a week at work to persue a debt that was included in the bankrupcy.

What letter can I send to these "Battery Chicken" call centre morons to stop calling me, I have explained the situation several times and they still call me!

Help!
    Tags: None

Re: Capquest Harassment after Bankruptcy

Well, first of all, don't speak to them on the phone. Next time they call, write down the time and date and get a name if you can. Inform them to contact you through writing only and that persistent calling can be viewed as harassment, which it acutally is! Then write to them stating your position and that of the debt. Also tell them to stop calling you and that if they persist you will report them to OFCOm for misuse of the Telecommunications Service. You should also report them to Trading Standards and the police if this continues.

Remember: keep a log of all calls if you can. Don't let these monkeys away with anything!

Comment

This is the legislation you need to quote at them in your letter:-

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ork-or-service

Specifically, notify them of sections 129 and 130 for starters.

Comment

Why not treat them to a little Mozart? (link)

Comment

Good advice from Haddock - follow it. Give them the telephone number of the Official Receiver or your Trustee in Bankruptcy if you have a Trustee, and tell them that they should pursue the debt with them!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X