• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pease help me with some much needed advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pease help me with some much needed advice

just a bit of honest advice needed and will be greatly appreciated.

as we all know everybody makes mistakes but will give u a quick rundown of mine.

approx 6 year ago i was debt free with a credit of around 25k

well me being me i decided to spend it when i was in trouble in and out of work etc etc.
    if i remember the detbs were as follows approx
    mbna 6500
    mbna 3500
    barclaycard 4000
    barclaycard 3500
    halifax 4000
    santander loan 2500 outstanding was 8000
    and a few store cards.

since around 2010 have made no payments on any of these cards and ignored all letters & numerous phonecalls.

mbna 6500 have given me a ccj (through varde investments) which no payments have been made as i could not contact varde to make payments. this has now been passed onto aktiv kapital who are starting proceedings with my other MBNA 3500 debt. I have declined this as i have asked for a copy of of my CCA.

As you could imagine none of the original creditors now own these debts and receiveing letters of numerous companies wanting money.

Would i be right in asking the current companies writing to me for a copy of my CCA before i go anyfurther?? Is this the same as a proof of debt letter?

I have made a speadsheet with the original creditor and the account number and amount owed. Also on there is who is now pursuing the debt.

Could somebody give me a step by step guide in what to do in this dreadful situation I have got my self into.

any info will be greatly appreciated because after many years im getting sleepless night with the threat of bailiffs and currently being treated for stress off my doctor.

thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Pease help me with some much needed advice

This is a bump(which means that the thread will now go to the top of the list) so that other people who are more CCA related knowledge etc, etc, can hopefully respond on your thread.

Are any of the creditors suing you?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Aktiv Kapital have a CCJ already for the 6500. They have since changed the owners of the debt, but remeber who.

Arrow Global are pursuing a CCJ for the other MBNA for £3500 but found some very useful info in the following link.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...read.php?37140

I am trying to organise myself to get me out of this hole as i dont even know who i owe the money to.

I have made a spreadsheet containing the original creditor, account number, amount, the DCA currently asking for the original debt and the date i have asked for a copy of CCA.

Comment

Your first step is to find out to whom the debt is owed, and arrange to make contact with them.

Priority needs to be given to Aktiv Kapital and Arrow Global, as they both appear to be rather happy to litigate.

Once you have a list of who you need to be paying, ask them to prove that they a) own the debt, b) are authorised to collect that debt on behalf of the creditor.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalEagle1207 View Post
          Your first step is to find out to whom the debt is owed, and arrange to make contact with them.

Priority needs to be given to Aktiv Kapital and Arrow Global, as they both appear to be rather happy to litigate.

Once you have a list of who you need to be paying, ask them to prove that they a) own the debt, b) are authorised to collect that debt on behalf of the creditor.
          Thanks legaleagle
          i have made a spreadsheet that has the original creditor and amount the new creditor and there amount and contact details and the date I have asked them for a copy of my CCA. Yeah the arrow is priority as that's in the process at county court. AltiVec capital I stupidly just accepted I owed the full amount but they haven't taken a penny from me in over a year even tho its a ccj. It's because they have changed the owner of the ccj I think.
          thanks for the info it's really appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by LegalEagle1207 View Post

legaleagle

do you know of a template letter to ask the aboce questions to the DCA?

thanks

Comment

Remember, anyone who have borrowed cash must have to pay them back along with interest payments charges on them. Now, you haven't made payments for years you must have to go through legal actions for repayments. There is only hope from your lender. You must have to contact lender to find any alternative way to repay the amount other than insolvency or bankruptcy. It he get agrees to new payment terms then you can get some relief.

Comment

Originally posted by rbsmith View Post
                Remember, anyone who have borrowed cash must have to pay them back along with interest payments charges on them. Now, you haven't made payments for years you must have to go through legal actions for repayments. There is only hope from your lender. You must have to contact lender to find any alternative way to repay the amount other than insolvency or bankruptcy. It he get agrees to new payment terms then you can get some relief.
                For what I earn and what I owe that is impossible otherwise I would of done so

Comment

Sorry for this but with the sums owed one or more of your creditors my try for a second charge on your property or try to bankrupt you as you have assets their pursuit of the money differs from someone with none you need to get some good avice now to stop you worrying,being in debt is not the worse that can happen you can sort it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X