• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Geo Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geo Finance

Geo Finance are now calling me on a regular basis and refusing to stop even though I am registered on TPS and have asked them to stop. The police say contact Vodafone and Vodafone say nothing can be done to stop them. How can I get these calls stopped as really starting to annoy me now. Details I have are: Geo Finance, 29 Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4DJ. Tel: 01618184520

Ian
    Tags: None

Re: Geo Finance

This is a bit naughty but works for me every time! The next time the phone rings and you know its them tell them they have the wrong number and you don't know the person they are wanting to speak to. The phone will go nice a quiet again - well, until the ppi calls start, lol

Comment

Suprise suprise they have started calling again. Yet again ignoring TPS and yet again TPS have done sod all with my complaint.

Comment

If you have a sophisticated phone you may be able to block individual numbers.

Comment

They call my mobile but the iPhone doesn't have a blacklist app, I have added them to a Spam contact with a silent ringtone but still a pain. I don't see why I should be the one blocking them when they are breaking the law but the Police have told me they are not interested and to speak to Vodafone and Vodafone have told me to talk to the Police. What's the point of a law if they can't be bothered to enforce it.

Ian

Comment

Have you tried my trick?

Comment

Will try that next time.

Ian

Comment

Please, Please can you help me?

I applied for loan of £1000 to pay for my course in Level 2 Counselling. I was told that I had a poor credit rating and as a result of that I would have to pay £100 in advance in order for my loan to be approved. That was on 19/08/2013.

Charged another £200 on 23/08/13 for some reason. The Company had my bank details. Another £300 and £282 were debited from my Account this morning, 27/08/13 and my bank account overdraft has been cleaned out. As a result, I have been unable to pay my rent and I have no money - not one single penny in my bank account.

I phoned the Company today absolutely furious and demanded my money back. They flatly refused to repay any of "my" payments unless I put the sum of £300 into their account.

I am absolutely seething and have notified the police. How am I to pay my rent or pay for my course? Thank God I had enough cat food bought in as I don't care if I don't eat - I am so upset I don't want to eat. I am alone. My father died at Christmas and I don't speak to my mother. If I didn't have my little cat I would seriously commit suicide. She is all I have.

I checked the company out on Google this afternoon and was mortified about people's comments about GEO Finance. This is only one of the complaints on the Beware of Loan Scams site....

"6mth of £70 we were asked to pay a deposit of £150 which was refunded with the loan when it was transferred to our account that day. A email arrived after we payed the £150 demanding another £250 to proceed with the loan that's when we realised we had been scammed again Indian people with English names and when checking their address they had spelt Wolverhampton, Wolver Hampton."

How can I get my money back? How can these horrible people get away with this? I am desperate now. I cannot pay my rent and I cannot enrol at College for my second year.

I am devastated.

Yours sincerely,

Comment

Sorry to say you got a mammoth task ahead, wait for some advice on here it may be of help

Comment

Hello Ian im veronika i was scammed by GEO finance too. i lost a lot of money bcs i was stupid i did report them but i do not know if it will help. Police told me more information they have more they can do. i would like to ask you if you would help. if you have any numbers they were using any name or any receipt from money u send to them please call ACTION FROUD in UK and report them the number there is 030012320402. Or if you do not want to do it i will do it if you give me any information's u can find.

I do not want to be annoying just want justice for me and every one ales.

Thank u Nika

Comment

I did not get scammed as I told them where to stick their loan in no uncertain terms. The only number I have for them is the one in the original post. They have phoned since but every call is reported as a TPS breach and I don't get many now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X