• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Please - Council Tax Attachment of Earnings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please - Council Tax Attachment of Earnings

Hello, this is my first post & any help would be great.

Ill be honest, until recently I avoided opening my post as i couldn't face the letters which was a terrible idea. I now have 2 attachment of earnings from North Tyneside council. One for £958 & the other for £336. My question is how can I appeal these orders?

I acknowledge that I owe this money but the combined amount deducted each month ( this is the 2nd month they've taken this ) has left me in financial hardship. Id like to ask the court to reduce the amounts each month but im lost as to how I go about it & if Im allowed to do so?

Thanks
    Rachael
    Tags: None

Re: Advice Please - Council Tax Attachment of Earnings

they cant combine the two amounts

they have to take a percentage of your wage

with two orders i believe it is around 20 %

i am unsure as this happened to me 10 years ago and the law may have changed

wait for more replies as this is not my area

Comment

http://www.northtyneside.gov.uk/brow...tCategory=1208

Comment

Thank you, called the advice line & im going to ring tomorrow in office hours to ask if they can combine all c-Tax debt from 2008 - 2012 with one attachment of earnings as from early Dec im moving out of the property & in with parents.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

How many Liability Orders do they have against you? Have you been subject to any other enforcement action - Bailiffs perhaps? Have you read this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...67-Council-Tax

Comment

They have 2 as attachment of earnings. I called them & they will put all outstanding years of C- Tax onto 1 payment which is still more than I can afford but better than nothing I suppose. Thanks for your post

Comment

You say you have quite a few Liability Orders - have you checked to make sure you have not paid over the odds when they have enforced them, or is Attachment of Earnings all they have done?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X