• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: Liability Orders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Liability Orders

Wonder if anyone can help me. I need to know about what is the legal issues on my liability orders.
    I found out yesterday that Merton Council have upto now done 4 liability orders on myself for 2 shops with business rates.
    On two of the liabilty orders (which were done at about april) they show dates on which i am liable, but this is the legal thing i would like to know.... NO business rates are due from 25th July 2012 as the landlord is doing major building works so the rates department have stopped all payable business rates. Well on my liability order( in april ) they have included upto 2013 the dates 01/04/2012 to 31/03/2013 but all rates were stopped as i say on the 25th July this year. So how can they still have the liability order for dates when nothing is due!!!!
    I do email the council but most of the time they don't reply so wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this as surely it is illegal to charge me for business rates when the shops have been taken off the rates list until all work is completed.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X