• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charging Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Order

I was declared bankrupt on 24/9/2012 and was discharged 12 months later. I was the sole owner of my property which was subject to a mortgage. However the land registry have not recorded a bankruptcy restriction on the property. Is there a time limit for them to do so? Also I have today received notice that the official receiver is seeking a charging order on the property having applied to the court on 18/9/2012. Further to this I am of the opinion that the proper procedure for serving notice on myself and other respondents has not been followed, amongst other procedural shortcomings. An example being that on form COAO which was attached the notice of proceedings that I received today, not having been properly served prior to the third anniversary of the petition by form CONA, the OR Report states that the mortgagee was notified of the intention to gain a charging order on 18/9/2012 by letter not by form CONA accompanied by form COAO as required. I would appreciate guidance as to whether in your opinion, from the foregoing I have grounds to challenge the Charging Order application.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X