• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

more Capquest advice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more Capquest advice!

Hi, I've come accross quite a few posts regarding this company and would be grateful for a bit of advice - I've been called by Capquest for about a week, and after reading about them on here and other forums ignored the calls on my mobile, but they managed to get hold of me for the first time at work on Friday, asking for my postcode for security, which I said I didnt want to give out over the phone, they didnt mention what it was about, said they had sent me two letters (have had nothing) but I cant take personal calls at work so wanted to end the call quickly, said I'd call them back, which he said he note down, he gave me a reference no. which is different to the reference no. in the text the sent me?

Should I call back tomorrow to see if they can give me more detail (I have no idea what it could be), as they will probably call me at work again, should I ask them to write to me with details? my husband doesnt want me to give them our address as they may not have it, and have read about them coming to your door, but cant see how I can move forward with this without getting something in writing?, any advice would be welcome as not sure what to say to them if they/ I call back - if they ring my work again I dont want to put on the spot! Thanks so much.
    Tags: None

Re: more Capquest advice!

How many times a day/week have they been ringing? This company has a history of blatantly flouting anti-harassment laws.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Also they are in breach of OFT guidelines by calling you at work. Never talk to them on the phone, tell them you will communicate in writing only and put the phone down next time they call you.
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

They only call me at work once a day at the moment, and a few times in the evening - I havent picked up since the first time I made that mistake and am going to try to re-direct work calls to my mobile. I'll tell them I will only communicate in writing and I suppose if they have my current address, I'll get a letter. I suppose it would be too easy to hope they'll stop if I dont answer again after that! Thank you so much for the advice.

Comment

CapQuest know damned well what the OFT regulations say, but ignore them. With regard to the calls to your home, up to what time are they ringing and how many times in an evening? You are wise to ask them to communicate with you in writing only. However, do not expect them to comply. They are so arrogant they don't think the rules and law applies to them.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

There's also the issue of discussing the issue with you without you agreeing to go through security. Is this not a breach of the DPA?

Comment

Hi again, it's only twice in the evening at the moment about 6.30 and 8ish. I don't even know what it is they think they're chasing me for, I havent called them back or picked up since the first time they rang at work. If I answer next time and tell them to only communicate in writing, then ignore any further calls, I should just wait to see if a letter turns up and go from there?

Comment

Yes it is a breach of DPA especially if it was on the work phone as for all they know, they may have been talking to a work colleague. If you have a recording function on the work phone, then record the call and send a copy to the OFT and information commissioners office.
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Thanks all, have managed to bar the number from my mobile and re-direct my work phone to my mobile, I'm sure that ignoring them like this isn't going to put them off, but will see what happens next and if I get any letters, in which case can start down another route!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X